marty.net message board
    About cpshop >> News and Announcements >> Message started by: Marty on 11/21/10 at 01:17:27

Title: 2.7i released
Post by: Marty on 11/17/10 at 07:00:56
Okay, I've uploaded version 2.7i, which attempts to fix the following issues:

- product page strangely displays as Marketplace page
- unexplained 404 error on page load
- server error for people missing certain perl libraries

Let me know how it works for you.

Title: Re: 2.7i released
Post by: NS_Ann on 11/17/10 at 16:35:59
Hi,

Updating the files was easy-peasy, but when I try to clear the cache so I can see my shop working again, it says that cpshop can't empty the cache because Cafepress won't allow it?  

Do you know what I can do to get my shop running (as in, when Cafepress will allow my shop to run again)? LOL  Right now, my whole site says it's down for maintenance, which isn't doing anything for my Christmas sales. :D  Thanks for your help!  Appreciate all your hard work!

Ann

Post by: Marty on 11/17/10 at 16:49:19
Unfortunately, it'll be down until 8pm Pacific time.  After that it'll be fine, and it'll be fine going forward, too.

Just visit your shop after 8pm Pacific time today, and it'll start working again.

Post by: NS_Ann on 11/17/10 at 16:56:39
Like magic! :D  

Oh well, one day won't kill me...I hope.  ;)

Thanks again for your help, it's appreciated. Have a good one,

Ann

Post by: NS_Ann on 11/20/10 at 20:16:05
Um....did I misunderstand, I think I might have?  I just made a price change to two of my products, went to clear my cache to update the prices on the website so I could run an ad for them, but it still says that Cafepress won't allow me to clear the cache.  I thought you meant by "okay going forward" that that meant Cafepress was going to allow us to clear our caches when we need to, but just not that day. Was I wrong?  I don't ordinarily make a whole lot of changes that require clearing the cache, but with the holiday season here I'm making a few and it's frustrating to not be able to. :/

Do you know how long this will last?  Am I doing something wrong?   Any light you can shine would be appreciated!  ;D

Post by: NS_Ann on 11/21/10 at 01:17:27
Aha!! I found the conversation about this elsewhere on the forums, where we find out CP is screwing shopkeepers over the holidays, surprise!  No updates during the busiest part of the day (at least in my time zone).  What a frustration.

*sigh*

Again Marty, I and others here greatly appreciate your patience and help!  Thank you!

marty.net message board (http://www.marty.net/cgi/marty/board/messageboard)