marty.net message board
    About cpshop >> Customization Help >> Message started by: tshirtsbye2 on 04/02/13 at 22:33:25

Title: how to bring in some sections only
Post by: tshirtsbye2 on 03/30/13 at 01:09:41
so I have my main shop here: http://www.tshirtsbye2.com
and it is great as a all inclusive site, but I would like to try and get some targeted traffic by creating specialty shops associated to my main shop...so example
my tv/movie section I would like to create a site specializing in pop culture tees...and want all the subsections inside tv/movie to be included. Now I have copied my initial installation into the new addon domain folder, and I have it running and pulling the current full site, how do I get it to only pull TV/Movie section? is it using filter? and how do I get the full nav bar not to show? do I do it all in the templates? and if its the section exclusion filter, where does that go? sorry but very confused I can pick thru code and get things done...but usually best when I have some sort of example to work from...

I tried searching the forum but search doesnt seem to be working.

Title: Re: how to bring in some sections only
Post by: oph3lia on 03/31/13 at 10:26:02
You can put sections in as the store IDs, you put them as "yourshopname/12345" (whatever the number of your section).

Try putting just the main movie section in and see if that does what you want it to.

If your sections are scattered around the shop or in different shops you'll need to get more complicated and list the individual ids and perhaps get into filters, but if it's already organized the way you like in your cafepress store section it should be ok.

Post by: tshirtsbye2 on 03/31/13 at 15:07:54
I did actually try putting in the shop id and the section number in the store id box on the admin page, saved, and cleared cache and nothing changed (tshirtsbye2/8405304) before I posted. is there somewhere else besides the storeid section on admin page where it says dummy store?

Post by: oph3lia on 03/31/13 at 15:44:31
Dummy store is not what you want. Go down a few lines further, to the Store IDs Entry Fields.

You may have them collapsed so they aren't all showing, click the plus sign or the -expand all entries- to expand them if you need to.

Each field has a place for name, alias, storeID, caption, keywords, description, thumbnail. That storeID field is where you want to put it.

Post by: tshirtsbye2 on 04/02/13 at 22:33:25
thank you I thought I was nuts as the dummy id was the only ID I was seeing.

marty.net message board (http://www.marty.net/cgi/marty/board/messageboard)