marty.net message board
    General >> General Stuff >> Message started by: Hex_Angel on 07/10/09 at 03:58:51

Title: Post Apocalyptic cpshop...
Post by: Hex_Angel on 06/06/09 at 18:23:57
Just outta curiosity. . .

How many folks are abandoning or will abandon CP altogether? (and thus, cpshop)

How many will abondon just the marketplace and keep their cpshop running?

How many are going to keep the whole shebang running as is?

Title: Re: Post Apocalyptic cpshop...
Post by: flippinsweetgear on 06/08/09 at 10:06:02
Well I'm sure like most people, I won't be giving it up.  That is unless marty makes a zshop script! :)

Unfortunately, this is my livelihood.  My only income.  My life.  My job that isn't a job because I love it.  

I will continue with PODS as long as I can do what cpshop allows me to do.  

If that goes bye bye, then I'd have to start printing my on my own which has always been the smarter option, but the amount of work it takes to do everything else I'd have to hire people and possibly make the same as with POD's.

As long as cpshop is around and CP doesn't mess with the shop prices, I'll be here.  This MP business is a mess.

I just saw this.
http://forums.cafepress.com/eve/forums?a=tpc&s=810104&f=84310838&m=322100313&r=322100313#322100313

Post by: BurnTees on 06/08/09 at 13:21:45

on 06/08/09 at 10:06:02, flippinsweetgear wrote:
Well I'm sure like most people, I won't be giving it up.  That is unless marty makes a zshop script! :)

Unfortunately, this is my livelihood.  My only income.  My life.  My job that isn't a job because I love it.  

I will continue with PODS as long as I can do what cpshop allows me to do.  

If that goes bye bye, then I'd have to start printing my on my own which has always been the smarter option, but the amount of work it takes to do everything else I'd have to hire people and possibly make the same as with POD's.

As long as cpshop is around and CP doesn't mess with the shop prices, I'll be here.  This MP business is a mess.

I just saw this.
http://forums.cafepress.com/eve/forums?a=tpc&s=810104&f=84310838&m=322100313&r=322100313#322100313

wow, that's pretty huge.

all i can think though is that Zazzle must be BLEEDING money at this point no?  probably paid a ton of money to bring Discovery over to them.  there's no way they're MAKING money at this point right?  all still funded?  worries me even more than the CP situation.

Post by: AtlasShrugging on 07/06/09 at 13:41:23
Oh darnitall, the post is gone. pfft.

What'd I miss?

Post by: Jorge on 07/07/09 at 22:39:12
We are staying at CP but out of the MP.

Yeah, what is that post that was referenced above? It's gone... anyone copy it?

Post by: AtlasShrugging on 07/10/09 at 03:58:51
Found two blog posts - "give you an idea of the scale of the mass exodus, the Discovery Channel (and TLC, Animal Planet etc. that fall under the same umbrella) had an official shop with Cafepress. they're with Zazzle now." and "apparently one of the big companies, Discovery, has pulled out of Cafepress."

Guess that's probably the gist of the missing thread, less the drama.

marty.net message board (http://www.marty.net/cgi/marty/board/messageboard)