marty.net message board
    About cpshop >> cpshop-Compatible Hosting >> Message started by: mikerose23 on 08/12/08 at 10:47:17

Title: 3ix.org - compatible and only a buck a month
Post by: mikerose23 on 05/17/07 at 16:05:24
I bought cpshop before reading that it doesn't work with GoDaddy unless you're paying big bucks for VDS. Well, I'm not ready to pay that kind of money, and I don't want to leave GoDaddy and set up my sites elsewhere (not to mention that I'm paid up until 2009), so I Googled for cheap web hosting and found 3ix.org, which provides 200 MB storage and 10 GB/mo bandwidth for only one dollar a month and has a money-back satisfaction guarantee.

I took a chance, opened an account, uploaded the scrips and stuff, set permissions, and VOILA!  It just worked, no muss, no fuss. Now, I've been with them for less than an hour, so of course I can't vouch for their reliability or anything, but the ease of setup can't be beat.

Title: Re: 3ix.org - compatible and only a buck a month
Post by: mikerose23 on 05/30/07 at 15:12:18
To follow up on my original post, it's now some two weeks later, I've gotten all my cpshop setup done for now, and I have only good things to say about my 3ix hosting account.

Post by: mikerose23 on 07/26/07 at 14:24:57
Okay, here it is nearly two months later, and not only has 3ix's server been running flawlessly, they've increased the server space to 1 gig, still at only a dollar a month.

Post by: mim on 08/12/08 at 04:59:25
was it easy to install cpshop at 3ix.org? Did you have to do anything unusual? Thanks!

Post by: mikerose23 on 08/12/08 at 05:19:07
Nothing tricky at all. Like I said in my first post, I just followed Marty's instructions to the letter and everything worked just like that.

Post by: mim on 08/12/08 at 10:47:17
Ok, thank you!!   :D

marty.net message board (http://www.marty.net/cgi/marty/board/messageboard)