marty.net message board
    About cpshop >> cpshop-Compatible Hosting >> Message started by: mcarp555 on 09/14/08 at 03:05:12

Title: Downtown Hosts
Post by: mcarp555 on 09/06/08 at 16:47:04
I've just set up my first CPShop site at Downtown Hosts (http://www.downtownhost.com/affiliates/jrox.php?id=1577) and no problems other than me trying to figure out the program. But as usual, zero problems with my host. Best customer service I've ever seen.

Title: Re: Downtown Hosts
Post by: Teesed.com on 09/13/08 at 21:00:53
I've been looking for a place to host my Commission Junction script that got killed when "Dream"host upgraded their servers and no longer support my stuff.

I sent an email to Downtownhost along with several others I've come across to ask if they supported the things I needed. My first email to them was 11:33 pm last night. First response from a human with a confirmation that they did was at 11:42. Nearly every email since has been responded to by a person within 5 to 10 minutes. I'm praying their hosting service is half as good as their customer service so far!

I couldn't remember where I found their site until after I'd signed up (I've been hunting hosting companies for a week!) then of course it popped into my head after I submitted it.

I've sent an email to them with this link and your affiliate link, and Diego Miramoa has noted the information in my last support ticket so you should be getting credit for this hosting if all goes well!

I'll report back on my eventual success.

Jim

Title: Re: Downtown Hosts
Post by: mcarp555 on 09/14/08 at 03:05:12
Thanks, Jim. I don't think you'll be disappointed. I've been with them for over a year and they've never dropped the ball with regards to service. The only issues with the hosting have been one or two times where another user on the shared server has hogged resources, but that's not really something they can control (they did move the hog to another server).

marty.net message board (http://www.marty.net/cgi/marty/board/messageboard)