marty.net message board
    About cpshop >> cpshop-Compatible Hosting >> Message started by: BurnTees on 07/07/09 at 13:51:07

Title: concerned about email from BlueHost
Post by: BurnTees on 07/07/09 at 10:55:30
just got the following email:

It has come to our attention that your site is using an excessive number of files stored on your BlueHost.Com account. This is causing performance problems on your website as well as for other customers that are on this server. It can cause our servers to crash and cause additional downtime.

Our research shows that server performance degrades when accounts have over 50,000 files.  In order to ensure optimal performance for your account and the others in your shared hosting environment, we request that you reduce the number of files on your account to under 50,000 in 14 days.

i went in and cleared my spam which should help a bit but it's also the cpshop files that are causing part of the issue:

/home3/burntees/public_html/cpshop/cpoutput   11502 files

/home3/burntees/public_html/cpshop/cpbackup   1305 files

/home3/burntees/public_html/cpshop/cpoutput/index.cgi.d/07   1228 files

etc.

any advice?  can i clear those cache and output files?  don't those need to be full for the site to run?

please help and thank you!!!

Title: Re: concerned about email from BlueHost
Post by: Marty on 07/07/09 at 11:28:53
cpshop's stores your cached data in files, including one for each product.  So if you've got over 50,000 products, and for some reason every single product in your shop has been viewed, then you're going to push the limit.

Of course, you can clear the cache -- it just means you're starting over, data-gathering-wise.

Post by: BurnTees on 07/07/09 at 11:41:27
is this clearing via the admin or via bluehost and just deleting all the files within those folders?

Post by: Marty on 07/07/09 at 13:51:07
Via cpadmin.

marty.net message board (http://www.marty.net/cgi/marty/board/messageboard)