marty.net 1001 Postcards Love Love Love Meep Meep ZenZodiac DailyQuotation Officer Naughty

YOU ARE HERE:
Google search finding CP shop and cafepress store

HOME

CPSHOP|

|

|

EMAIL MARTY
  marty.net message board
  « Google search finding CP shop and cafepress store »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
04/19/14 at 13:38:28
Home Help Search Login Register
   marty.net message board
   About cpshop
   General cpshop Support
(Moderator: Marty)
Pages: 1 Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
   Author  Topic: Google search finding CP shop and cafepress store  (Read 430 times)
newdude

« on: 12/28/05 at 07:32:51 »
Reply with quote Modify message

I have an interesting situation. Both my CP shop and my cafepress page are competing for listing ranking in a google search. The reason i got CP shop was that I want people to see my customized page and not my cafepress page. Is there a way to stop google from finding my cafepress page, or maybe reroute anyone that goes there to my CP shop page?

thanks.
Tony
Gold Dragon

Hello?  Where am I?

Re: Google search finding CP shop and cafepress st
« Reply #1 on: 12/28/05 at 07:49:00 »
Reply with quote Modify message

You can add a javascript redirect in the Store Description area of your CP store, not the Head,Header, or Footer, or else you'll screw up the shopping cart.  

I go through the same thing, but I still get sales to both so I haven't minded as much, but to be honest, there really isn't a way to do it, unless you hid all the sections in your CP shop.  That forces CP to add the code to not follow the links there.  Still, google will follow the marketplace (if you're opted in and NOT marked Private) to the links to your store that way, and keep visiting the currently indexed pages.  So to sum up, I'm not sure you can completely remove it from google once it's in there, but you can do things to keep it from following as much.

----------------
http://www.astphotos.com
Pages: 1 Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
Jump to:

marty.net message board (http://www.marty.net/cgi/marty/board/messageboard)