marty.net 1001 Postcards Love Love Love Meep Meep ZenZodiac DailyQuotation Officer Naughty

YOU ARE HERE:
cache won't clear in two cpshop instances

HOME

CPSHOP|

|

|

EMAIL MARTY
  marty.net message board
  « cache won't clear in two cpshop instances »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
04/16/14 at 04:30:16
Home Help Search Login Register
   marty.net message board
   About cpshop
   General cpshop Support
(Moderator: Marty)
Pages: 1 Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
   Author  Topic: cache won't clear in two cpshop instances  (Read 246 times)
valerie2008
Silver Dragon

Go Scots!

« on: 08/18/08 at 05:43:12 »
Reply with quote Modify message

I have three instances of cpshop running in my store.  Yesterday I made a new template file, uploaded it and changed the information in all three instances.  I then went through each instance and cleared the cache.  It took a few tries before the instance that has my home page updated but after 30 or so tries on each of the other two instances the other two caches haven't cleared. (this is obvious because the previous template file had a typo which appears everytime I check the pages. also, I view the source and its the previous version.)  I cleared my cookies in my browser, tried another browser and then this morning tried clearing the caches again and using a different computer.  They are both still showing the previous template file.  I have reuploaded the template several times and checked and rechecked that I've typed the correct info into cpadmin.  What am I missing?  Are my other instances too full of products?
Marty
Administrator Dragon

That's me. :)

WWW E-Mail
Re: cache won't clear in two cpshop instances
« Reply #1 on: 08/18/08 at 10:02:55 »

Are you absolutely sure you're referencing the correct template file?  Nearly every time someone runs into this problem, it's because the template file listed in cpadmin isn't the same file being edited.

--
Regards,
Marty·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.-> marty@marty.net
valerie2008
Silver Dragon

Go Scots!

Re: cache won't clear in two cpshop instances
« Reply #2 on: 08/18/08 at 10:19:40 »

Wow, I don't think I've ever been as embarrassed as I am right now.  The template file reference for the thumbnails page in one instance was wrong!  My bad.

I do have one other cache question though.  I'm running into the same issue that many people have run into with large affiliate stores.  Many of my pages only partially load or appear blank.  
My biggest problem is that while I have split the store ids into two instances, I created a third instance has every cp store section I pull from in one store id so that I can create a browse by product drop down menu.  This one comes up blank the most although refreshing makes all the products appear.  Is there any way to keep all the sections in one store id and not have this problem?  After reading through the forum, I just set my primary and output cache sizes to 0.  Will that help?  Or am I just out of luck?
Pages: 1 Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
Jump to:

marty.net message board (http://www.marty.net/cgi/marty/board/messageboard)