Time out viewing product details

HOME

CPSHOP|

|

|

EMAIL MARTY
  marty.net message board
  « Time out viewing product details »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
12/15/17 at 16:06:43
Home Help Search Login Register
   marty.net message board
   About cpshop
   General cpshop Support
   Time out viewing product details
(Moderator: Marty)
Pages: « 1 2 Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
   Author  Topic: Time out viewing product details  (Read 3524 times)
flowergarden
Silver Dragon

Re: Time out viewing product details
« Reply #15 on: 11/30/12 at 18:23:25 »
Reply with quote Modify message

I downloaded the update you mentioned and it's looping my products either to the main section or to the front of the shop.
tshirtsbye2
White Dragon

...cool tshirts for everyone

« Reply #16 on: 11/30/12 at 21:40:39 »

same with me, I downloaded and updated to the newest version, then I did the new fix, now when I click to an individual product it sends u back to the homepage.

I have resorted to adding a redirect to my domain name to send it to cafepress.com/tshirtsbye2....

« Last Edit: 11/30/12 at 21:45:59 by tshirtsbye2 » Logged

------------------------------------
Store: http://www.tshirtsbye2.com
Blog: http://www.tshirtsbye2.wordpress.com
Marty
Administrator Dragon

That's me. :)

WWW E-Mail
« Reply #17 on: 11/30/12 at 21:56:10 »

It looks like CP is just blocking everything now. I can try to come up with something else, but if they continue making a concerted effort to block everything, there isn't much I can do.

--
Regards,
Marty·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.-> marty@marty.net
flowergarden
Silver Dragon

« Reply #18 on: 11/30/12 at 23:02:49 »

Marty, Have you talked to the technical staff at Cafepress? I would think that Cafepress knows you run CPShop and that you/we need access in order for our  domain shops to show our designs on products. I don't get that CP can block without any advanced notice.  Last year, we couldn't clear the cache. This year, CpShop is blocked. Is this the end of CPshop?
« Last Edit: 11/30/12 at 23:03:31 by flowergarden » Logged
jrotem
Gold Dragon

Who are the Scots and where shoud they be going?

« Reply #19 on: 11/30/12 at 23:03:52 »

Just on my end -- I used Marty's tweak from a few weeks ago whe I got the Down for Maintenance message but have not downloaded the "kludge" and my shop is working fine (tfoo! tfoo! waves hamsa, evil eyes and throws salt.)

The Keep Shopping button still doesn't work but I have my cart set up as a new window so the shop never goes away.

Fingers crossed we all get through Christmas. I hate the idea that CPshop may not longer be allowed by CP.

Btw who are the Scots?

jean
http://www.rotemgear.com
« Last Edit: 11/30/12 at 23:04:33 by jrotem » Logged
tshirtsbye2
White Dragon

...cool tshirts for everyone

« Reply #20 on: 11/30/12 at 23:29:59 »

I have been adding products nearly everyday, and I always pull produt shots from CPshop because the stupid Cafepress shop has that weird bug when u select a different color (the large thumb pops up and down) so I always pull the product shots from CPShop to add to FB....up till today all has been fine but I uploaded 16 new Big Bang tees from last nites episode and when I did the refresh cache it broke...so I guess they have been slowly blocking things...

As I said in my other post one solution not great is to redirect your domain name to the cafepress.com/store domain...that is what I have had to do...

Cafepress tech team cant even get their own site to work...they need to spend more time getting uploads to work w/ timing out and fix their templates than block CPshop...actually I am still waiting since Aug for them to correct the 0 commission bug....I think their IT staff needs a kick in the a**

thanks for trying to get us a fix Marty

------------------------------------
Store: http://www.tshirtsbye2.com
Blog: http://www.tshirtsbye2.wordpress.com
Fricka
Gold Dragon

WWW E-Mail
« Reply #21 on: 12/01/12 at 01:06:38 »

I used the Error page option to put up a notice and provide a link to my cafepress hosted shops.

However it seems like my product pages are working again (knock on wood, do all the stuff Jean did, just to be safe LOL).

I really hope cpshop can keep going!
oph3lia
Gold Dragon

Go Scots!

« Reply #22 on: 12/01/12 at 05:28:47 »

Ditto what Jean said, I am using the original fix and touch wood the shop's still OK so far.

Thank you for working on helping out, Marty.

I'll join the hopes that nothing kills it through the holidays. And holiday or not I'll be so bummed if CP ever completely pulls the plug on CPshop!

NS_Ann
White Dragon

Go Scots!

« Reply #23 on: 12/01/12 at 17:22:24 »

on 12/01/12 at 05:28:47, oph3lia wrote:
I'll join the hopes that nothing kills it through the holidays. And holiday or not I'll be so bummed if CP ever completely pulls the plug on CPshop!

I think we can all agree on that!!  We love cpshop! Thanks for all your hard work Marty!
flowergarden
Silver Dragon

« Reply #24 on: 12/01/12 at 22:13:17 »

Thanks Marty for all your hard work in getting this issue fixed. I really think you should charge a renewal fee each year for CPSHOP because of all the hard work you put into it such as updates, fixing bugs and so on.
jrotem
Gold Dragon

Who are the Scots and where shoud they be going?

« Reply #25 on: 12/02/12 at 03:09:24 »

I would totally support a renewal fee!

Frankly, if CP ever plugs the plug pm cpshop there will no longer be any incentive for me to stay at CP.
« Last Edit: 12/02/12 at 03:10:13 by jrotem » Logged
mikerose23
White Dragon

WWW E-Mail
« Reply #26 on: 12/02/12 at 17:39:25 »

on 11/30/12 at 23:03:52, jrotem wrote:
Btw who are the Scots?

I've been wondering about that, too.

Mike

http://designsbymike.net
quickheads
Green Dragon

Go fly a homebuilt!

« Reply #27 on: 12/10/12 at 14:35:52 »

Is anyone having any luck?  I am still stuck in the loop back to the shop homepage.  I installed the betafix last week, but it made no difference.

Please let me know.

Thanks,
Dan Yager
QBA Editor
www.quickheads.com
brownewill
Green Dragon

Go Scots!

« Reply #28 on: 02/04/13 at 16:56:21 »

My CPshop stopped working sometime in mid January 2013. I was able to click a category, but after clicking a specific item, it would redirect me back to my homepage without adding the product to the cart.

I tried installing the bugfix beta, but it did not work for me (I followed the instructions to a T).

I decided to go back to an earlier version of CPshop (version 2.7 I believe). I did not do a complete reinstall, but merely replaced the files I had uploaded from the 2.8 unix version upgrade.

Low and behold, my shop works again!

The only problem is I can't save any changes I make in cpadmin.cgi (I checked the permissions of  cpshop.cgi and cpadmin.cgi and both are correct). I tried clearing my browsers cache, logging in and out, but no results. The path to my perl folder is also set correctly in cpshop.cgi and cpadmin.cgi.

Suggestions Anyone?
brownewill
Green Dragon

Go Scots!

« Reply #29 on: 02/04/13 at 18:21:57 »

Got it working. It turns out that somehow my cpshop.cgi.config got corrupted or was not compatible with the previous version of cpshop. I replaced it with the older version, reset my permissions and SHazzam, everything works again!

In case this has any bearing on the situation, I only have CafePress basic shops and do not use any premium shops.

From what I've understand, they have discontinued basic shops for new customers, but old customers can still create them using the following link (once logged in)

http://members.cafepress.com/stores/store_add.aspx?premium=false
Pages: « 1 2 Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
Jump to:

marty.net message board (http://www.marty.net/cgi/marty/board/messageboard)