PROBLEM with sections dissappearing - NEED FIX

HOME

CPSHOP|

|

|

EMAIL MARTY
  marty.net message board
  « PROBLEM with sections dissappearing - NEED FIX »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
12/12/17 at 17:54:12
Home Help Search Login Register
   marty.net message board
   About cpshop
   General cpshop Support
(Moderator: Marty)
Pages: 1 2 » Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
   Author  Topic: PROBLEM with sections dissappearing - NEED FIX  (Read 5445 times)
flowergarden
Silver Dragon

« on: 04/02/13 at 17:24:02 »
Reply with quote Modify message

Something odd is happening to my product sections.  To start, I have a domain shop where I pull my all my designs on products from cafepress using CPShop.

Every other day,  75% of my  products sections are gone from my domain shop.  To fix this, I have to keep clearing the cache every other day so all the my product sections appear again.  I keep getting complaints from customers that they can't see all of my sections. I have tons of designs on products, but this glitch keeps messing with displaying all of my product sections.

Unfortunately, I just don't have the time to keep clearing the cache every other day to fix this. Is there a particular setting on CPshop that will fix this? Does anyone else have any issues with a similar problem?  

Marty, can you help me resolve this issue?  I've emailed you and no responses.
« Last Edit: 04/03/13 at 04:47:52 by flowergarden » Logged
flowergarden
Silver Dragon

Re: PROBLEM with sections dissappearing - NEED FIX
« Reply #1 on: 04/06/13 at 02:53:22 »

Any way to resolve this issue?
« Last Edit: 04/06/13 at 02:55:01 by flowergarden » Logged
pgobiel
Green Dragon

Go Scots!

« Reply #2 on: 04/11/13 at 21:48:04 »

I'm having the same problem.  I also can't even clear the cache anymore because when I click anything on my admin page, it disappears.

Marty, I've also sent you a couple of emails, but I'm not sure if I'm using the correct email account to reach you.

Please let me know if you received my messages from my FunT-shirts Hotmail account.

thanks,
Pam
www.FunT-shirts.com
« Last Edit: 04/11/13 at 21:49:20 by pgobiel » Logged
flowergarden
Silver Dragon

« Reply #3 on: 04/23/13 at 18:17:41 »

The issue I posted is still a problem and it has not been resolved.  Not sure what to do since I cannot reach anyone. I've tried troubleshooting, but since I am not the creator, I can't figure it out.  I would appreciate help in solving this issue. Thank you.
flowergarden
Silver Dragon

« Reply #4 on: 05/02/13 at 14:36:10 »

Pam, did you get any help with your issue?
Brando
Green Dragon

Go Welsh!

« Reply #5 on: 05/03/13 at 12:31:30 »

I was just going to start a post about this.

I'm getting this issue, and it's rendering my site pretty useless. No categories = nothing to look at. Looks very bad!

Sometimes everything is there, then I'll go to the site, and ALL categories are gone. Emptying the cache is the only way they come back.
Brando
Green Dragon

Go Welsh!

« Reply #6 on: 05/14/13 at 01:00:53 »

it'd be really good if someone could help with this! It's making my site useless if the sections keep dissapearing.

Just had a look at it now, and they where gone. Probably been like that ALL day, as I only got round to checking this evening having been out.
« Last Edit: 05/14/13 at 01:01:51 by Brando » Logged
flowergarden
Silver Dragon

« Reply #7 on: 05/22/13 at 06:52:34 »

We can all forget about any responses as Marty retired CPShop.  I would have appreciated if someone else took over CPshop. This will affect thousands of businesses. Does anyone know of an alternative to CPShop? Does that mean CPshop won't work with our existing sites?
pgobiel
Green Dragon

Go Scots!

« Reply #8 on: 05/26/13 at 04:04:43 »

No, I never received a response on this either.  I just don't know what to do at this point.  My site has been around since 2007, and has pretty good Google results... so doing anything different would just be starting over from scratch.  This is horrible news.

My products keep disappearing too, and I don't know how to deal with it.

I wonder how many people this is affecting.  When I first started using CPShop, there were a ton of shopkeepers using it.  I wonder what they're doing now?

Any advice from anyone would be greatly appreciated.
Brando
Green Dragon

Go Welsh!

« Reply #9 on: 05/28/13 at 10:35:08 »

The guy who runs this site has been on and answered another query the other day. So I guess he has no answer to this one!

I'm in the process of using my domain in another way, and scrapping Cpshop all together, nothing else I can do.

Not stressing out about this anymore, put down the money and time I wasted as a lesson learnt! Don't buy scripts that aren't properly supported!
« Last Edit: 05/28/13 at 10:36:25 by Brando » Logged
flowergarden
Silver Dragon

« Reply #10 on: 05/28/13 at 20:40:47 »

Pam, I have the 2.8 version and my products still disappear every other day. I have to clear the cache each time.  I have also invested a lot of time with my domain since 2006, so in my case it is a major issue  not to have this support since I have been using this for quite some time.  Pointing to the cafepress domains is not the best option as the purpose for CPshop is to have customers shop the domain not cafepress.  That's the reason I invested a lot of time in my domains and Cpshop.  It is stressful not to know what to do. There are many cpshop users and I just don't think they are aware of it yet.

Marty, when you say retiring, do you mean not accepting new purchases or will you support those who already invested time and effort?

Additionally, I just read that Cafepress recently revamped their API, so any developers are welcome to create third-party builds.
skoonk
Green Dragon

Snart!

« Reply #11 on: 05/29/13 at 03:52:17 »

When did you read they revamped their API? We switched our site from cpshop to Cafepress's API a couple of months ago using a custom script.

http://www.nihaodesigns.com

When I last looked at the Cafepress documentation, it looked somewhat "stale."

Btw, cpshop was a tremendous value and it's unheard of for someone to provide both a script and free support for under $20. Marty did a heck of a job.
Brando
Green Dragon

Go Welsh!

« Reply #12 on: 05/29/13 at 14:55:36 »

if it WORKED then yeah, I'd also say heck of a job But, it's useless, as having a store site where the products dissapear randomly is really not good!

Heck, it may be a simple fix, but you see, without knowing what that fix is, it remains useless.
flowergarden
Silver Dragon

« Reply #13 on: 05/29/13 at 22:00:56 »

I agree, Marty did a great job with CPshop all these years.  I just wish there was a successor to keep it going. I do want to keep  hosting my shop using my own domain and not a pointer.

@skoonk - CPshop posted about their API enhancement at their community forum at http://forums.cafepress.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/802104/m/916109944 - it was posted on May 22. By the way,  great cafepress shop. Where did you get the script to be able to host it on your own domain?  
« Last Edit: 05/29/13 at 22:01:31 by flowergarden » Logged
skoonk
Green Dragon

Snart!

« Reply #14 on: 05/30/13 at 02:34:34 »

Thanks for the link. I may try to follow-up with their API team.

Per the site script, I wrote it myself. It's not something that would be ready to be commercialized yet.
Pages: 1 2 » Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
Jump to:

marty.net message board (http://www.marty.net/cgi/marty/board/messageboard)