Template Problems

HOME

CPSHOP|

|

|

EMAIL MARTY
  marty.net message board
  « Template Problems »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
12/16/17 at 22:28:10
Home Help Search Login Register
   marty.net message board
   About cpshop
   Customization Help
   Template Problems
(Moderator: Marty)
Pages: 1 Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
   Author  Topic: Template Problems  (Read 854 times)
renegade600
Green Dragon

Go Scots!

Template Problems
« on: 07/01/02 at 14:26:16 »
Reply with quote Modify message

I just received cpshop yesterday and got it running grrrreat using the default template.  I am now trying to set it up using my websites template.  See http://www.gbpalumni.org/cgi-bin/shop/cpshop.cgi

For some reason the banner across the top and the javascript I use for my pages cannot be called from  within the cgi-bin.  The path is correct and the case is correct.  

Due to my limited knowledge of cgi and html I am stuck and have no idea of how to proceed.  

Also there is a stay line beside view cart.  How do I get rid of it?

Any help would be appreciated.  

Thanks
Dan
Marty
Administrator Dragon

That's me. :)

WWW E-Mail
Re: Template Problems
« Reply #1 on: 07/01/02 at 16:08:41 »

Typically, you can't call non-cgi files from a cgi-bin.  You have to put them in a normal directory.  That goes for images, javascript files, HTML files, etc.

(A notable exception to this is your cpshop cptemplate.html file, which can stay in your cgi-bin, because it's loaded by the program, not the user's browser.)

You should place all your images, javascript files, etc. in a normal directory, somewhere beneath /var/www/html.

As for the view cart line, make sure the "Additional Linkbar Code" field is completely empty.

--
Regards,
Marty·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.-> marty@marty.net
mechro
White Dragon

Dare to be phree, dare to be phreek

WWW E-Mail
« Reply #2 on: 07/14/02 at 21:40:48 »

Marty... i have a similar situation.  Im trying to add a drop down menu written in JS to the cptemplate.html file. (the menu can be found at brothercake.com/dropdown/)  I have the links that call the js files set to the root directory (not the cgi-bin)  i have tried relative and absolute paths and it still will not show up.  Now when you say you cant call non cgi files... do you mean that even with the paths of the JS files set to outside the cgi (where the files are stored) it still will not work?   How would do i make this show up?     You can see it at http://www.phreekware.mechromation.com  that shows the menu but if you select the All link under Products... no menu....

There are two kinds of people in this world, those who get the joke and those who don't. Which one are you?
Marty
Administrator Dragon

WWW E-Mail
« Reply #3 on: 07/15/02 at 08:37:53 »

Well, let's see.  The first problem is that you have your default HTML template set to cptemplate.shtml, and you don't have a file by that name (several .html files, though).

Unfortunately, I can't see the contents of the cptemplate file until it shows up in cpshop, so I won't be able to help you until you get that setting corrected.  I'm about to make the 5-hour drive home, so I'll take a look when I get there.

Finally, if you want to take advantage of the logging feature, you should create a cplogs directory, and chmod it 777.

--
Regards,
mechro
White Dragon

WWW E-Mail
« Reply #4 on: 07/15/02 at 09:50:14 »

Sorry about that, i was toying with different solutions (didnt find one) until about 2:30 last night, forgot to change it back...  Im sorry to hear about your loss.  My condolences to you and your family.  If you would prefer to wait to look into this that would be fine by me, i have plenty of other stuff to work on.  Im not in any big hurry.

There are two kinds of people in this world, those who get the joke and those who don't. Which one are you?
Marty
Administrator Dragon

WWW E-Mail
« Reply #5 on: 07/15/02 at 16:28:39 »

It appears the problem is that the javascript is trying to dynamically load other .js files (for certain browsers, for example), and it can't find them.

I think this will solve it.

In custom.js, try changing:

var baseHREF = "";

to:

var baseHREF = "/";

--
Regards,
mechro
White Dragon

WWW E-Mail
« Reply #6 on: 07/15/02 at 19:57:08 »

thanks so much marty!  damn your good!  why's it always the little things i overlook?  lol   anyway... worked like a charm, thanks again!  

Pages: 1 Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
Jump to:

marty.net message board (http://www.marty.net/cgi/marty/board/messageboard)