Eliminate Size Chart

HOME

CPSHOP|

|

|

EMAIL MARTY
  marty.net message board
  « Eliminate Size Chart »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
12/16/17 at 09:20:49
Home Help Search Login Register
   marty.net message board
   About cpshop
   Customization Help
   Eliminate Size Chart
(Moderator: Marty)
Pages: 1 Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
   Author  Topic: Eliminate Size Chart  (Read 967 times)
Jean

Eliminate Size Chart
« on: 07/10/03 at 13:16:03 »
Reply with quote Modify message

Is there a way to eliminate the link to the woefully inadequate and erroneous CP size chart that appears on the product pages?

jean
Marty
Administrator Dragon

That's me. :)

WWW E-Mail
Re: Eliminate Size Chart
« Reply #1 on: 07/14/03 at 09:08:14 »

Hmm...I'd rather see about correcting the size chart itself, frankly.  Could you give me specifics on what's wrong with it?

--
Regards,
Marty·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.-> marty@marty.net
Jean

« Reply #2 on: 07/14/03 at 14:01:30 »

Hi Marty!

Well, absolutely the size chart should be updated. The reason I asked about eliminating it in CPShop was so that i could put in my own, correct updated one.

An update has been requested for many months in the CP Forums (I personally have brought it up a few times), mostly recently here http://pub80.ezboard.com/fcafepressstoreownersforumfrm22.showMessage?topicID=702.topic

Here's the story: The size charts date to last summer (from before we had women's t-shirts ...oh, and bucket hats are still there!) Only men's and JUNIOR women's sizes  (i.e., non-junior baby doll/spaghetti strap) are there. Sizes for the regular  women's tees and tanks are not there, so if a person wants to see the size chart of a women's tee the pop up size chart shows only the close-fitting junior items. This is very misleading as it implies that the tees and tanks are also sized small (and they are pretty roomy) and I think we are losing customers who think the items won't fit them.  And the reverse is true too -- a woman who expects a ribbed-fit petite-sized item will be surprised at the loose fit of the women's tank or tee if that's what she orders based on the size chart. That means a return.

I know people would like to see children's sizes added to the chart too.

Some people, I know, want to see precise measurements of products. I'd be satisfied with a size chart that gives general sizes but -- this is important -- the product names should reflect the size "category." A junior-sized baby doll is very different from a women's tee. The spaghetti-strap should be called JUNIOR too. This will make CP's job easier since the size charts can be "mens - regular women's- juniors- childrens." (Ex: junior L=size 8-10; women's L= size 14, etc...) It wo;t satisfy everyone but would sure be an improvement.

I can't emphasize how important this is.

I got tired of waiting for CP to update the charts so I thought using CPShop i might be able to come up with my own solution -- but all the better if CP gets around to fixing the real chart!

Jean
Marty
Administrator Dragon

WWW E-Mail
« Reply #3 on: 07/14/03 at 22:30:44 »

I take it you've seen my response on the EZBoard forum.

--
Regards,
Marty
Administrator Dragon

WWW E-Mail
« Reply #4 on: 07/17/03 at 01:11:42 »

Okay, I've updated it.  Hopefully this will be good enough for now.

--
Regards,
Pages: 1 Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
Jump to:

marty.net message board (http://www.marty.net/cgi/marty/board/messageboard)