Setting up multiple CGI's and filters for premium

HOME

CPSHOP|

|

|

EMAIL MARTY
  marty.net message board
  « Setting up multiple CGI's and filters for premium »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
12/15/17 at 12:18:47
Home Help Search Login Register
   marty.net message board
   About cpshop
   Customization Help
(Moderator: Marty)
Pages: 1 Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
   Author  Topic: Setting up multiple CGI's and filters for premium  (Read 1453 times)
shovelbums
Green Dragon

Go Scots!

« on: 03/03/04 at 15:43:37 »
Reply with quote Modify message

I have had a CP shop for years and Martys script for sometime now but only recently had time to install it (using the latest version), such is time

First off the .html pointer to my store is located at:

http://www.shovelbums.org/store/store.html

The scripts for my cgi files live in

http://www.shovelbums.org/cgi-bin/store/

My question is am I making things to complex while trying to keep the structure of the site as simple as possible?

What I am doing is trying to seperate out my products into catagories/designs/etc... using filters (which by the way, that is some killer programing of your Marty).  the problem is I am ending up with a whole slew of "catagory.cgi" and "catagory.cgi.admin" files to meet this end.  I am using (currently) one product_layout.html file for organizing the thumbs and product views.

A short example of my current scenario is that I want to be able to sory the catagories by who the products are for:

- womens shirts
- mens shirts

The .cgi files are drawing upon my sections and subsections in my premium shop for the different designs using filters to get the right products out.

I then want to have the option to browse by design/theme via a drop down menu. So I would have catagories like

- Archaeologists Don't Dig Dinosaurs
- Cultural Material Girl

now I use filters currently in the files called

womensshirts.cgi
mensshirts.cgi

to call up the products that match that catagory for gender.

And to then to browse by design/theme I am setting up files called (spelled out longer here than on site)

archaeologistsdontdigdinosaurs.cgi
culturalmaterialgirl.cgi

So now as I grow my site into the various category variations kids clothes, mugs, prints and design/themes, prices, newest added, etc.... I am looking at a whole slew of

category-theme-etc.cgi

files that will live in my cgi-bin/store directory.

Is there an easier way to do this?  i have the feeling I am missing something basic?   You can see an example of the number of files I starting with at http://www.shovelbums.org/store/store.html .

And is it possible to combine filters?  i.e. have a filter that pulls out "womens shirts, which have the archaeologists don't dig dinosaurs" logo?

Thanks in advance.

Joe
shovelbums
Green Dragon

Go Scots!

Re: Setting up multiple CGI's and filters for prem
« Reply #1 on: 03/03/04 at 20:41:15 »

Ignore the last question about combining filters.  I just re-read the instruction list.

Joe
rjoe Brandon

Re: Setting up multiple CGI's and filters for prem
« Reply #2 on: 03/05/04 at 22:21:38 »

My brain hurts (from hitting my head on the wall).  I was driving along today thinking about how to minimize my time in updating all of those CGI scripts I thought I needed to create..and I jsut knew from everything I had seen about this app that I had to be missing something.  So I went and combed the boards again and it finally dawned on me.  When I had first been setting things up I was only ever able to get the first of my store ID's to work, whenever I would set up a second one and called the cgi script it would fail.  As I read the boards I began to think that was not an error and that the "extra" store IDs were for non-premium users.  

Well I finally gave it a go again and figured out it was a syntax thing and so now (this is where the head hits the wall) I can see what the logic (and the beauty of the logic) is.

Joe
Pages: 1 Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
Jump to:

marty.net message board (http://www.marty.net/cgi/marty/board/messageboard)