Shopping Cart question

HOME

CPSHOP|

|

|

EMAIL MARTY
  marty.net message board
  « Shopping Cart question »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
12/15/17 at 12:18:34
Home Help Search Login Register
   marty.net message board
   About cpshop
   Customization Help
   Shopping Cart question
(Moderator: Marty)
Pages: 1 Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
   Author  Topic: Shopping Cart question  (Read 657 times)
Dave

Shopping Cart question
« on: 04/12/04 at 21:48:59 »
Reply with quote Modify message

Hello Marty,

I've got my first test site up and running... it works!  Now, I'm trying to tweek.

I want to have framed sites (like in my test), but on my test site, when I get to my shopping cart it doesn't stay within the frame (it goes to top), and I get a kind of goofy green looking Cafepress page.  In my admin page, I've tried changing the shopping cart feature to different settings, including "open shopping cart in same window".  

So how do I keep it within the frameset and like the same shopping cart when you go through Cafepress direct?

Thanks,

David
www.bumperpower.com
Marty
Administrator Dragon

That's me. :)

WWW E-Mail
Re: Shopping Cart question
« Reply #1 on: 04/13/04 at 00:28:24 »
Reply with quote Modify message

First of all, you don't want it to stay within the frame.

The reason CafePress bounces you out of frames is because Internet Explorer 5.5's default security settings don't allow secure pages to be enclosed within 3rd party framesets.  Consequently, your users won't be able to make a purchase if your cart is within frames, which, as you might imagine, is a problem.

As for the shopping cart, it's entire under CafePress' control (for many reasons, including security and CafePress policy).  The only way you can customize the shopping cart is through a premium shop.  Right now you're using a basic shop as your dummy store ID, so it's going to default to the standard basic shop design.

If you're really averse to the green, you can try using "cpshopuser" as your dummy store ID.  It won't give you full customization, but it will give you a very plain white design during checkout, which might be enough.

--
Regards,
Marty·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.-> marty@marty.net
Pages: 1 Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
Jump to:

marty.net message board (http://www.marty.net/cgi/marty/board/messageboard)