Transparent product shots...

HOME

CPSHOP|

|

|

EMAIL MARTY
  marty.net message board
  « Transparent product shots... »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
12/14/17 at 10:07:15
Home Help Search Login Register
   marty.net message board
   About cpshop
   Customization Help
(Moderator: Marty)
Pages: 1 Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
   Author  Topic: Transparent product shots...  (Read 788 times)
tlkent

« on: 08/20/04 at 08:44:55 »
Reply with quote Modify message

First, just wanted to say how happy I am with cpshops, I've got it up and running: http://www.artgallerygiftshop.com/cgi-bin/store/cpshop.cgi and will be switching the design of my domain over to the new look soon as well, currently it's hiding at: http://www.artgallerygiftshop.com/index2.html. It only took me an evening to get it all running properly. I'm still tweaking my template design but that's basically it.My question is this: in the cpshop admin panel there is an option to make the product image box another color or even transparent on the product pages (I assume this does NOT apply to the thumbnail pages)...however it doesn't seem to work for me...but then again the option to add a border around images from with the cafepress customization panel never worked either...any suggestions? I'd love to make the images transparent if I could, if not a border would be ok too.
Marty
Administrator Dragon

That's me. :)

WWW E-Mail
Re: Transparent product shots...
« Reply #1 on: 08/20/04 at 11:34:35 »

You can't actually make the images transparent -- they're graphics, and cpshop doesn't do that sort of magic.  

The box color is referring to the background color of the table cell that the product images are in.  I believe they have a color by default, and you can leave them blank if necessary.

As for putting a border around the images, you should work with the thumbnail cell layout HTML.  It's easy enough to modify that HTML so the images have a border:

<table cellpadding=1 cellspacing=0 bgcolor="#FFFFFF"><tr><td><[thumbnail]></td></tr></table>

It's not pretty, but it totally works.  And for that matter, you can get much more tricky about it -- on some pages I turn the image into a non-rectangular shape by creating a table around each image, and surrounding the thumbnail with rounded edge images.  Example:

http://cgi.marty.net/cgi/marty/cpshop/beatboxbetty?storeid=1001_170004

--
Regards,
Marty·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.-> marty@marty.net
tlkent

« Reply #2 on: 08/20/04 at 12:25:02 »

Thanks for the quicke response. I wondered how the heck it could make an image transparent anyway! Guess I misread what that function was for! I'll work on some sort of border cause the images look so funky just sitting there the way they are. Thanks!
tlkent

« Reply #3 on: 08/21/04 at 19:13:24 »

I opted for adding a "Drop Shadow" image to the table so they aren't just white boxes sitting there, now they have a nice drop shadow. I think it looks pretty decent and it fits the design of the site as well.  

Thanks for the border tip, that's what got me thinking of adding a background image to the table.
Marty
Administrator Dragon

That's me. :)

WWW E-Mail
« Reply #4 on: 08/22/04 at 02:06:07 »

That actually looks really good!  It never occurred to me to use a drop shadow.  Great thinking.

--
Regards,
Marty·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.-> marty@marty.net
tlkent

« Reply #5 on: 08/23/04 at 18:19:32 »

Thanks...sorta just worked out ok since I'd already been using drop shadows on the site, pulled it all together nicely. I could easily picture using other images in the table background to "similate" borders, much like your rounded edges one example.

It was a bit tricky to get it lined up right, had to try a few times to get the shadow to fall where I wanted. I also had to stick an xtra < P > tag after the [link] tag within the table itself to extend the content (the thumbnail and link info) a little more, otherwise the bottom of the shadow kept getting cut off.
Pages: 1 Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
Jump to:

marty.net message board (http://www.marty.net/cgi/marty/board/messageboard)