Embed the cart?

HOME

CPSHOP|

|

|

EMAIL MARTY
  marty.net message board
  « Embed the cart? »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
12/15/17 at 15:40:50
Home Help Search Login Register
   marty.net message board
   About cpshop
   Customization Help
   Embed the cart?
(Moderator: Marty)
Pages: 1 Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
   Author  Topic: Embed the cart?  (Read 1180 times)
HSDanClark
White Dragon

Time For Go To Bed!

WWW E-Mail
Embed the cart?
« on: 11/30/04 at 21:14:23 »
Reply with quote Modify message

I noticed that some sites are embedding the shopping cart directly in their page, the same way that CPShop embeds all the other content by using the <[content]> tag. I would LOVE to be able to keep the cart within my shop in that way. It's not a feature in CPShop (that I can see anyway) but is there a workaround for this? If not, what's the problem? Is it the way cafepress codes the cart? The only shops I've seen the cart embedded in are part of the Corporate Solutions program... I'm sure that's a clue, but I don't know enough about the system to know what the clue means  

Head over to www.comics.com and add something to the cart to see what I'm talking about.

~Daniel M. Clark
Hectic Studios
Skreid
Gold Dragon

T`is Me

WWW E-Mail
Re: Embed the cart?
« Reply #1 on: 12/01/04 at 03:14:06 »

As far as I can make out, the site you mentioned doesn't use CPshop, all its stores are hosted on CP. Look at the URL, its cafepress.com/whatever thats probably why it appears embedded. At least the CP store are as they also have amazon links etc on there.

Do you have any other examples..?

The way I have mine set up is still on CP but its in my design. It still opens in a new window as I prefer that option but the look and feel of the site stays the same.

You just have to customise the CP HTML to look like your site.

Cheers

Stuart.
« Last Edit: 12/01/04 at 03:17:36 by Skreid » Logged

--
Skreid Studios

The St.Andrews Store
HSDanClark
White Dragon

Time For Go To Bed!

WWW E-Mail
« Reply #2 on: 12/01/04 at 09:06:42 »

Right, no, I didn't mean that comics.com was using CPShop or even that they were doing their own hosting, I was just pointing to them to show what it looks like when the cart is embedded in a page. I'll look into customizing the HTML at CP to make it look like my site... admittedly, I have all but ignored the CP version of my shop in favor of my own site  

~Daniel M. Clark
Hectic Studios
Marty
Administrator Dragon

That's me. :)

WWW E-Mail
« Reply #3 on: 12/02/04 at 00:24:10 »

That's just a premium shop.  Premium shops offer the ability to customize the cart and help pages, among other things.

--
Regards,
Marty·.¸¸.·´Ż`·.¸¸.-> marty@marty.net
HSDanClark
White Dragon

Time For Go To Bed!

WWW E-Mail
« Reply #4 on: 12/02/04 at 22:29:22 »

Woo hoo! I figured it out. I found a reference to changing your dummy store ID from an empty basic shop to a hidden section in my premium shop, and it totally worked - and since the only difference now between my website and my cafepress shop is the white CP bar up top, it's nearly seamless. When viewing or adding to the cart, it jumps over to the CP shop and the bar appears. When clicking Keep Shopping, it jumps back to my website and the bar disappears. It's not perfect, but it's a sight better than the basic 'green' theme that CP uses, and now I don't have to pop a new window  

~Daniel M. Clark
Hectic Studios
Skreid
Gold Dragon

T`is Me

WWW E-Mail
« Reply #5 on: 12/03/04 at 05:34:54 »

Glad you got it working,

Not sure that the dummy store things works anymore as this is a quote from an email I got from Marty.

(A quick note: When you're setting up cpshop, if you're using a basic shop, skip the part about the Dummy Store for now.  Due to the change in CafePress code, you can't make a dummy store, so don't even try.  cpshop will still work without it.  On the other hand, if you have a premium shop, use the premium shop as the dummy store.  Got that?  Good. :)

I don't have anything in the dummy store and I've got my cart looking like my site, I think its a matter of getting the templates on your cp site correct .

Cheers

Stu.

--
Skreid Studios

The St.Andrews Store
miStupid
Gold Dragon

Get Smarter @ MIStupid.com

« Reply #6 on: 04/01/05 at 07:40:29 »

Use your Premium shop as the Dummy Store ID, and the shopping cart will match your premium template. Otherwise it will use the CP default.

-Greg
http://MIStupid.com - The Online Knowledge Magazine

http://vulgariTEEs.com - Clothing for Vulgar People

http://KidT-Shirts.com - Fun T-Shirts for children, toddlers, and baby
Pages: 1 Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
Jump to:

marty.net message board (http://www.marty.net/cgi/marty/board/messageboard)