A little trouble with 450 pixel wide content

HOME

CPSHOP|

|

|

EMAIL MARTY
  marty.net message board
  « A little trouble with 450 pixel wide content »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
12/15/17 at 00:50:38
Home Help Search Login Register
   marty.net message board
   About cpshop
   Customization Help
(Moderator: Marty)
Pages: 1 Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
   Author  Topic: A little trouble with 450 pixel wide content  (Read 684 times)
Bradley W. Schenck
Gold Dragon

Go Scots!

« on: 09/24/05 at 14:11:21 »
Reply with quote Modify message

I've just finished a redesign of my main store at http://shop.webomator.com. One of the changes I made was to pull the content tighter and higher, and I went all the way down to the minimum recommended width of 450 pixels wide.

I had a fair bit of trouble making it work at that width (or other similar widths I tried), and I wonder if any layout changed at the Cafepress end may have changed in the last year or so.

The thumbnail pages just wouldn't squeeze in that narrow until I'd reduced the thumbnail size to 140 - having the browser scale them that way isn't ideal, but it was the only way it'd seem to go.

On the product pages I eventually made a series of html edits using cpshop.images. Almost all of these chages - heck, maybe it *was* all of them - centered around the "Product Attribute Selectors" area, especially in shirts that offer the 3x Extra Large size (longer dropdown). Here are the changes I made:

*||||nowrap||||
*||||Size Chart||||<br>Size Chart
*||||&nbsp;</td><td colspan="3" >||||&nbsp;</td><td colspan="3" valign="top">
*||||Size Attribute Selector --><tr><td class="xsmallText" >||||Size Attribute Selector --><tr><td class="xsmallText" valign="top">

You'll see that I replaced nowrap with a blank space - that freed up the Attributes table and I haven't found any ill effects.
I made the "Size Chart" label wrap to the next line and set the cells in that area to align to the top, so that they'd stay in line.

These changes have pretty much brought everything under control in a table 450 pixels wide. Should I have had to do this? If the stuff isn't a comfortable fit any more, maybe you should change the minimum width that's shown on the Admin page.

Otherwise, thanks once again - I'm really happy with the way it's turned out! (Except maybe the 140 x 140 thumbs.)
Pages: 1 Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
Jump to:

marty.net message board (http://www.marty.net/cgi/marty/board/messageboard)