session variables in cafepress

HOME

CPSHOP|

|

|

EMAIL MARTY
  marty.net message board
  « session variables in cafepress »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
12/15/17 at 00:53:47
Home Help Search Login Register
   marty.net message board
   About cpshop
   Customization Help
(Moderator: Marty)
Pages: 1 Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
   Author  Topic: session variables in cafepress  (Read 643 times)
Joseph M. Boy,CPC

« on: 10/12/05 at 08:50:09 »
Reply with quote Modify message

Hey Marty! I have been working on the http://www.funandflirtytshirts.com site and am almost ready to say I am done.  My php engine is now working well with your cpshop.  I still could not get the template to be a php file and working with includes so I rewrote part of my engine to have the php call your perl script instead.  That worked but I still have one more issue.  On my top menu I have calls to the first product page as well as to other pages of the site (that the client can edit and add pages themselves) But the help drop down is my issue.  I have linked those to the cafepress help files that referre to the premium shop id.  but it still goes to the cafepress template unless the viewer has placed something in the shopping cart.  (hense setting the session variable)  If the viewer does not visit the cart first it will alway refer to the cafe press template version of the page and therefore lose my menu system.  This is also evident on my side bar where I have a link to the cart.  If you click on the cart directly you will be pointed to a version of the cart that is using the cafepress template and not that of my premium shop.  But if you add an item to the cart then all calls from the side bar and all calls from the drop menu will go to the correct pages with the premium shop template.  Is there a way to send the shop id as a session variable to cafepress when loading the help pages or cart (without having to add an item in the cart at the same time)  Otherwise I will have to remake all the help pages and host them from my site directly.  Which is fine but I figured to allow to use some of the functions of the premium site.  Also great job with the SIDEBAR tag.  It has been most useful.  Will you have the ability in the future to all a collaspable sidebar.  Letting the viewer press a + or - next to the category to grow or reduce the sidebar.  (This would be good for those with alot of categories and/or possible products.  

thanks again

Joseph M. Boy,CPC
President / CEO
Your Computer Solutions Inc.
Web Development Solutions Department
htttp://www.yourcomputersolutions.net

AKA

Breaker
Executive Director
SolgamesUSA Foundation
Orlando based LANParty for all ages
http://www.solgamesusa.com
Marty
Administrator Dragon

That's me. :)

WWW E-Mail
Re: session variables in cafepress
« Reply #1 on: 10/12/05 at 09:23:33 »

Try adding a ?s=mystoreid to the end of the links to each page.

--
Regards,
Marty·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.-> marty@marty.net
Joseph M. Boy,CPC

« Reply #2 on: 10/12/05 at 09:31:42 »

I did that on the help one. (first menu item on the top, first menu catergory)  And it still failed to display the correct template until something was added to the cart.  I normally would not post but this is one that I could not figure out.  And on a different note I would like to know if it would be possile (and how hard would it be) to have more than one image assigned to a particular image from cafepress. Allowing cpshop to pick one at random.  This would allow me to create 10 images for one item and allow it to change the background or butterflies around it to be different locations each time the page is loaded.

thanks again

Joseph M. Boy,CPC
President / CEO
Your Computer Solutions Inc.
Web Development Solutions Department
http://www.yourcomputersolutions.net

AKA

Breaker
Executive Director
SolgamesUSA Foundation
Orlando based LANParty for all ages
http://www.solgamesusa.com
Marty
Administrator Dragon

That's me. :)

WWW E-Mail
« Reply #3 on: 10/12/05 at 22:59:40 »

For pages where the s= doesn't work, there isn't a clean way to set the store ID.  

The only way to do it that I can think of is to load a page from your shop in a hidden iframe.  That counts as a "visit" to your shop, and it results in the premium template being set.  I don't like this idea at all, though; it slows down the browsing experience for your shopper, and a few Mac users have reported browser crashes with this approach.

As for the random image, you'd have to code something special directly into cpshop.cgi to accomplish that.

--
Regards,
Marty·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.-> marty@marty.net
Pages: 1 Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
Jump to:

marty.net message board (http://www.marty.net/cgi/marty/board/messageboard)