Customizing the Product Pages

HOME

CPSHOP|

|

|

EMAIL MARTY
  marty.net message board
  « Customizing the Product Pages »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
12/17/17 at 11:58:08
Home Help Search Login Register
   marty.net message board
   About cpshop
   Customization Help
(Moderator: Marty)
Pages: 1 Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
   Author  Topic: Customizing the Product Pages  (Read 982 times)
Jason
Gold Dragon

« on: 10/21/05 at 11:23:09 »
Reply with quote Modify message

I noticed onehorseshy.com has customized the product pages by moving the description to the bottom, removing the table border and doing some other stuff. Do I have to hack the perl to do this? TIA

www.viadesigns.com
Skreid
Gold Dragon

T`is Me

WWW E-Mail
Re: Customizing the Product Pages
« Reply #1 on: 10/21/05 at 13:39:29 »

You should be able to specify a different template for the product pages. But if you just want to change the way the products are displayed just edit the Product thumbnail html box in the admin screen. You can change this to  display the products how you like.

Cheers

Stuart

--
Skreid Studios

The St.Andrews Store
Jason
Gold Dragon

« Reply #2 on: 10/21/05 at 13:49:50 »

Unfortunately that doesn't help me. I'd like to move the product description, and change the button for adding to the cart. I am already using a product template but that doesn't let me rearrange how the product is displayed. As far as I know, my only options for customizing the product page is just to dump the <[content]> somewhere in a template. The <[content]> is basically just the product info pasted in from CP. I want to actually break that information out in sub-sections. If you look at onehorseshy.com you can see how they have listed the description below the size/add to cart table. And changed the format of the add to size/cart table. This is what I am looking to do.

www.viadesigns.com
Skreid
Gold Dragon

T`is Me

WWW E-Mail
« Reply #3 on: 10/22/05 at 05:37:52 »

sorry my mistake I didn't read your post correctly and give wrong advice.

what you are refering to onehorseshy.com is actualy the product page not the product thumbnail page but the principle is the same you need to make the template for the product page using the tags for the product page see This post for details on tags available for the template. then you can layout the page exactly how you want.

If you email the owner of onehorseshy, they may not check the boards here, they might send you their template.

cheers

Stuart

--
Skreid Studios

The St.Andrews Store
Jason
Gold Dragon

« Reply #4 on: 10/22/05 at 05:43:32 »

Thanks for your response! I've actually read that thread and it looks like the only tag I can use is <[content]>. At the bottom of the thready Tony makes this same request I have. Now, back to my original question- since it appears that these tags to arrange product information don't exist...do I have to hack the perl script to accomplish what onehorseshy.com products have?

www.viadesigns.com
Shawn - Pristine Photo
Gold Dragon

« Reply #5 on: 10/22/05 at 07:33:57 »

If you are using one of the release candidates for 2.0, I believe the tag Tony requested was added.  I'm not sure any of us can tell you how they did what they did at that site other than the person that runs it.  Like Stuart suggested, if there is a contact method on their website, contact them and see if they would be willing to share how they did it.  I would assume they just used a different template for the product page but the best way to find out would be to contact them directly.

Stuart was right, they may not check these boards frequently.  A lot of us only come here when we are having issues or helping work with new releases.

Hope you figure it out.  When you do, let us know how you ended up doing it and throw a link so we can check out your new layouts!

Shawn
Pristine Photography
Jason
Gold Dragon

« Reply #6 on: 10/22/05 at 08:29:14 »

They're pretty much a direct competitor to my site so I doubt they're going to help.  

www.viadesigns.com
Jason
Gold Dragon

« Reply #7 on: 10/22/05 at 08:40:36 »

Also, I tried out Tony's requested tags like <[proddescription]> and they don't seem to work with 2.0rc7

www.viadesigns.com
Tony
Gold Dragon

Hello?  Where am I?

« Reply #8 on: 10/23/05 at 19:37:39 »

Yeah, I don't think Marty ever broke up the areas of those pages as much as I requested, with all my tags.  It'd be nice to really customize the entire page though so anyone can add to that request

----------------
http://www.astphotos.com
Pages: 1 Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
Jump to:

marty.net message board (http://www.marty.net/cgi/marty/board/messageboard)