Affiliate Question - External PID's

HOME

CPSHOP|

|

|

EMAIL MARTY
  marty.net message board
  « Affiliate Question - External PID's »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
12/14/17 at 04:08:10
Home Help Search Login Register
   marty.net message board
   About cpshop
   Customization Help
(Moderator: Marty)
Pages: 1 Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
   Author  Topic: Affiliate Question - External PID's  (Read 881 times)
mlminnie
Silver Dragon

Go Scots!

« on: 04/09/06 at 13:28:16 »
Reply with quote Modify message

Hello,

With the following affiliate settings:

PID: Entered
TID: Entered
Accept external PID's?: XXXX
Marty.net Affiliate Code:  Entered

I want to be able to make a commission off my affiliate CPShop stores and I want other's to be able to make a commission off my store.

Should I answer Yes for my own CPShop store and answer No for the affiliate CPShop stores I have set up?

Also, my records at CP show only 3 visits to my affiliate stores in April and I have actually had hundreds of visits.  What constittutes a Visit by CP?  Does my visitor have to stay a certain amount of time before the cookie is set?  I could use some direction to find out how fix things.

Thanks,

Mona
mlminnie
Silver Dragon

Go Scots!

Re: Affiliate Question - External PID's
« Reply #1 on: 04/09/06 at 14:49:24 »

OK, I must have things a bit mixed up.  I read the following on the CP message board about the Affiliate Report:

"My understanding of the affiliate reports is, they don't show hits to your shops, but hits you are sending to the marketplace or other shops."

For "hits you are sending to other shops" would this include affiliate CPshops located within my site?

I assumed that the CP report was the people that visited my CPShop store.  I also thought that any "affiliate sales" listed would be as a result of these visits.  Since I opened I have had no affiliate sales from any of my affiliate CPShops and am trying to figure out why.

Thanks,

Mona
« Last Edit: 04/09/06 at 14:50:57 by mlminnie » Logged
Marty
Administrator Dragon

That's me. :)

WWW E-Mail
« Reply #2 on: 04/11/06 at 22:20:30 »

Actually, I'm not sure if cpshop-driven traffic would show up in the affiliate reports.  They're broken right now, as people have realized -- they're supposed to show traffic driven to your own store, but don't.  

And since cpshop allows people to add items to their cart from other stores, but in the appearance of your own store, I don't know if cpshop visits would actually display in those reports.

A good question, actually.

As for sales through cpshop, it should work just fine.  You might consider buying something through one of your own affiliate links as a test (but if you do, you have to a) be very, very sure you've cleared all cookies, b) have not visited CafePress before the add to cart occurs, and c) checkout as a guest).
« Last Edit: 04/11/06 at 22:21:09 by Marty » Logged

--
Regards,
Marty·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.-> marty@marty.net
mlminnie
Silver Dragon

Go Scots!

« Reply #3 on: 04/15/06 at 05:46:17 »

Hi Marty,

How do you "check out as a guest?"  I logged in under my user name and password for CP but I don't see an option for Guest.  There is an option to designate the purchase as a gift.

Thanks,

Mona
Marty
Administrator Dragon

That's me. :)

WWW E-Mail
« Reply #4 on: 04/17/06 at 01:03:45 »

Don't login with your username and password.  You have click the "checkout as guest" button at the checkout login screen.

And keep in mind that because you're trying to deliberately thwart the system's affiliate tracking, it's very, very difficult to fake out the system.  So be careful not be cookied at the wrong time, and remember that all three members -- the seller, the buyer and the affiliate -- have to be different people for an affiliate transaction to be counted.
« Last Edit: 04/17/06 at 01:06:19 by Marty » Logged

--
Regards,
Marty·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.-> marty@marty.net
Pages: 1 Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
Jump to:

marty.net message board (http://www.marty.net/cgi/marty/board/messageboard)