Filter Help

HOME

CPSHOP|

|

|

EMAIL MARTY
  marty.net message board
  « Filter Help »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
12/18/17 at 07:00:41
Home Help Search Login Register
   marty.net message board
   About cpshop
   Customization Help
   Filter Help
(Moderator: Marty)
Pages: 1 Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
   Author  Topic: Filter Help  (Read 1048 times)
Kippygo
Silver Dragon

Go Scots!

Filter Help
« on: 04/10/06 at 05:51:37 »
Reply with quote Modify message

Okay, let's see if I can explain this clearly

I'm just messing around with affiliate store possibilities and have run across the following issue:

I want to use the cpfilter_literal filter in order to ensure that design section thumbnails appear instead of several products from different shops appearing all together.  I have entered details into a store id field like: cpfilter_sort:storeid,cpfilter_literal,storeid.xxxxxx,storeid2.xxxxxx, etc.

What I'd like to be able to do is make it so that within those store ID's, only certain products will show up.  I tried adding cpfilter_type filters in the same id field, but that makes the entire section blank.

So is there a way to use cpfilter_literal and cpfilter_type in combination?  Or is there another way to do what I'm trying to do?  Essentially I am looking at running an affiliate site with design sections from other shops, and within these sections I only want certain product types to show.

Hope I made that clear-ish...

Thanks,

Kip
Marty
Administrator Dragon

That's me. :)

WWW E-Mail
Re: Filter Help
« Reply #1 on: 04/11/06 at 22:22:48 »

I'm not 100% sure it'll work, but have you tried adding a cpfilter_inherit to the mix?

--
Regards,
Marty·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.-> marty@marty.net
Kippygo
Silver Dragon

Go Scots!

« Reply #2 on: 04/12/06 at 04:05:56 »

That causes a strange phenonmenon whereby the section thumb is the only thing to appear (ie when you click on it to access the products within that section, it just directs you back to the same page with just that thumbnail).

Perhaps the type filter and the literal filter are simply not compatible?

Kip
Kippygo
Silver Dragon

Go Scots!

« Reply #3 on: 09/12/06 at 03:37:11 »

I'm still trying to find a work-around for this problem.  Anyone have any suggestions?

Basically I want to be able to create affiliate store with, for example, only organic tees and the American Apparel tees.  As an example, assume I want to affiliate 10 sections from ten different stores, sorted by design, but only include the above mentioned products in each section.  It seems that the cp_literal filter won't work with any other filters (if I apply cpfilter_inherit, nothing in the sections show), but maybe I'm missing something (it's been known to happen   ).

Any advice would be greatly appreciated...

Cheers,
Kip
KaptainMyke.com
Gold Dragon

KaptainMyke.com , Inc.

WWW E-Mail
« Reply #4 on: 09/14/06 at 11:19:58 »

I think the part that is not featured is listing 10 different stores.  If it were 10 different designs, then no problem.  You'd have to make a seperate storeid/section# with your filter for each store.  Maybe that could be an added feature in the next update?  Or maybe not, if it's a cafepress filter that needs to be added.  Have you tried sending a suggestion email to Cafepress about adding that as a filter?

Mike "KaptainMyke" Sorensen
www.kaptainmyke.com
KaptainMyke.com, Inc.
CEO
BigDogsPorch
Gold Dragon

Know thyself.

WWW E-Mail
« Reply #5 on: 09/26/06 at 00:37:20 »

What about adding all the storeID/sectionIDs to the wildcard field?

www.bigdogsporch.com
www.karma-charms.com
WayneM
Silver Dragon

Go Scots!

« Reply #6 on: 10/03/06 at 03:51:41 »

Kippygo -

I did a search here today looking for help on this issue because I've been trying to do the exact same thing! Which, make me think we are not the only ones who think this is something that the filters should allow - but seemingly don't.

Does anyone have a solution that works for this?

Kippygo
Silver Dragon

Go Scots!

« Reply #7 on: 10/03/06 at 03:58:52 »

I was sure that I sent a reply back to say what I ended up doing... but I guess not!

I tried everything under the sun and in the end decided to eventually make copies of the cpshop.cgi file to run a mini-store for each section of the shop.  It ends up working out okay because it actually makes the affiliate site run A LOT faster than it would have done otherwise.  
WayneM
Silver Dragon

Go Scots!

« Reply #8 on: 10/03/06 at 05:06:17 »

on 10/03/06 at 03:58:52, Kippygo wrote:
I was sure that I sent a reply back to say what I ended up doing... but I guess not!

I tried everything under the sun and in the end decided to eventually make copies of the cpshop.cgi file to run a mini-store for each section of the shop.  It ends up working out okay because it actually makes the affiliate site run A LOT faster than it would have done otherwise.  

I'm not sure exactly how to implement your solution, but I'm glad it works for you However, seems like if you needed to do this for several instances of shops, it could get to be a lot of work!

Just since I made that last post, I've been doing some additional tinkering, and got something to work!

Background Information:
I'm running an affiliate only shop - I select other stores products to put in my niche store (still under construction). In my shop I only offer shirts and tops (no buttons, stickers, ...) So, I have set up one of my wildcards as a "Shirts Only" product filter. It's a long string of "cpfilter_type:" entries, and so the wildcard works great for that when I tack it on the end of a store id or store section string. I was not able to use the wildcard "Shirts Only" filter for my solution, but found this to work for me...

Objective: To put have several sections of one store filtered for any given product type, also taking advantage of the "cpfilter_literal" functionality.

1. Put your storeid/section string into a wildcard entry. End that string with the "cpfilter_literal".

Example Entry: storeid/storesection,storeid/storesection,cpfilter_literal

2. In the Store Id field enter the wildcard call, followed by "cpfilter_inherit", followed by the "cpfilter_type:" filters you require.

Example Entry: *1,cpfilter_inherit,cpfilter_type:126,cpfilter_type:70,cpfilter_type:7

Surprisingly, this works!

Unfortunately, The there seems to be a bug with the way the nested store sections show up - or rather - don't show up in the sidebar for the targeted store when using this method.

Pages: 1 Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
Jump to:

marty.net message board (http://www.marty.net/cgi/marty/board/messageboard)