CP annoyances, or are they?

HOME

CPSHOP|

|

|

EMAIL MARTY
  marty.net message board
  « CP annoyances, or are they? »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
12/15/17 at 10:26:16
Home Help Search Login Register
   marty.net message board
   About cpshop
   Customization Help
(Moderator: Marty)
Pages: 1 Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
   Author  Topic: CP annoyances, or are they?  (Read 1165 times)
mayur
Silver Dragon

WWW E-Mail
« on: 03/26/07 at 03:16:43 »
Reply with quote Modify message

Pardon my post but this has to do with customization but not necessarily with CPShop.  I don't know how responsive CP customer service has been to emails sent regarding technical issues dealing with feature requests... I have yet to receive anything.

One thing really bothers me.  I create 10 x 10 images for my products.  I use a particular product list which as about 10-15 products.  I would like the image to be only 5 inches high on each shirt  To do so however required to manually go in and change the height for EACH product.  That is a pain in the you know what.

You can change the image on multiple products at the same time, but not the size.  This problem also exists with adding an image to the back of a shirt.

I'm sure others have had this issue (I would venture to guess), any word from CP?

http://desirage.com/
Hex Angel - Patrick
Gold Dragon

Our nature lies in movement; complete calm is death.

Re: CP annoyances, or are they?
« Reply #1 on: 03/26/07 at 08:22:05 »

<grin> It's a known problem. The CP message boards are filled with it, where CP folks respond "It's on the list."

I'm thinking it is among the "S"calability issues that are to be addressed with the S.M.A.R.T '07 initiative.

But then you probably weren't around when we were trying to get CP to allow both vertical & horizontal views of framed prints. Notice you still can't get a vertical display of the "small framed print." I have designs that would look good vertical...

Their concentration appears to be -- as it should be -- on the front end where sales are generated, providing more product options, and making sure their servers and software can handle the apparently exponential growth of shops, products and customers. Last year CP had bandwidth and load issues with image uploads and the product design process, which appear to be more or less licked. A slick, efficient, flexible UI is less important than having one that's runing most of the time.

Literally, I've always dreamed of designing t-shirts. When I think about what I'd have to go through with a bricks&mortar t-shirt shop... God, I LOVE CP.

p.
« Last Edit: 03/26/07 at 08:23:00 by Hex Angel - Patrick » Logged

CPSHOP
www.PeaceAndLoveShop.com Namaste
BLOG
www.TheNomadicSpirit.com Inspired by travel
www.GodBeautyPerfectionLove.com Inspired by spirit
www.MyMuseMoviesMusicAndBooks.com Inspired by the arts
Marty
Administrator Dragon

That's me. :)

WWW E-Mail
« Reply #2 on: 03/26/07 at 09:07:35 »

Disclaimer: I can promise nothing, and am going to be deliberately vague.

This is exactly the problem I've been working on at CP.  There's no easy quick solution, since any easy solution would just become a bigger problem than what we have now.

While everything I've been working on is theoretical -- and therefore never guaranteed to see the light of day -- all my work is based around the idea that no shopkeeper should ever have to do more work than necessary.  Everything else should be automatic, templated, or assumed, with the ability to override.

Simply put, we are, indeed, working on it.  I personally consider the larger problem to be the top issue at CP, so I'm excited about the prospect of finally doing something about it.

--
Regards,
Marty·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.-> marty@marty.net
Hex Angel - Patrick
Gold Dragon

« Reply #3 on: 03/26/07 at 10:23:48 »

For those of you who hadn't noticed...

MARTY ROCKS!

CPSHOP
BLOG
melissa
White Dragon

« Reply #4 on: 03/30/07 at 08:19:47 »

on 03/26/07 at 03:16:43, mayur wrote:
I create 10 x 10 images for my products.  I use a particular product list which as about 10-15 products.  I would like the image to be only 5 inches high on each shirt  To do so however required to manually go in and change the height for EACH product.  That is a pain in the you know what.

You can change the image on multiple products at the same time, but not the size.

Here's a workaround for you.

Make a "dummy" image that's 5 inches high. Using the bulk took, apply it to all your products. Then, using the bulk tool again, apply the image you really want.

Since the last image the products had was 5 inches high, all the new images will also be applied at 5 inches high.
Hex Angel - Patrick
Gold Dragon

« Reply #5 on: 03/30/07 at 08:29:25 »

Melissa!

Ooh -- that's clever.

And thinking of it myself would have saved 20 minutes of tedium yesterday.

p.

CPSHOP
BLOG
melissa
White Dragon

« Reply #6 on: 03/30/07 at 09:16:41 »

Oh I've come up with all kinds of workarounds for stuff like this! lol!

If you make a test image for something like this, mark it clearly and keep it in your image basket for future use.

I have a few "test" images that are basically black boxes with the words "10x10 test image" or "5x7 test image" etc. and I keep them in my image basket in case I need them another time.
mayur
Silver Dragon

WWW E-Mail
« Reply #7 on: 04/02/07 at 10:14:15 »

Awesome Melissa!  Any workarounds for placing an image on all products in the "pocket" area of a product instead of across the chest?

I would be indebted!  

melissa
White Dragon

« Reply #8 on: 04/02/07 at 18:15:37 »

on 04/02/07 at 10:14:15, mayur wrote:
Awesome Melissa!  Any workarounds for placing an image on all products in the "pocket" area of a product instead of across the chest?

I would be indebted!  

Yes.   (For Premium shops anyway.)

Set up a hidden section in your store and add to it one of every shirt that has "pocket placement ability". Bulk add an image. Then go through each of those items, one at a time, and set them each on a pocket (yeah, it's tedious but it'll pay off.)

Once that's set up, every time you want to add images to a pocket, *import* (not move) those items into a new section. After they've been imported (copied) to the new section, use the bulk tool to swap in the "real" image. They'll all be applied to the pocket.

I don't know a good way to bulk change the height of a pocket image, but you can always have several hidden "pocket-shirt" sections set up with images at various heights, and then swap out those dummy images for the new ones (which would be set at the same height at the old one).

Hope that made sense.
« Last Edit: 04/02/07 at 18:16:44 by melissa » Logged
mayur
Silver Dragon

WWW E-Mail
« Reply #9 on: 04/04/07 at 10:45:17 »

On the same note, I have a "shortcut" I have figured out for removing images from your media basket in bulk.  Usually, you have to delete one at a time.  Instead of deleting them, create a folder called "trash" or the like, MOVE the images to that directory and then delete the directory.  Voila!

Or maybe everyone knew that and I was the last to figure it out.  

Pages: 1 Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
Jump to:

marty.net message board (http://www.marty.net/cgi/marty/board/messageboard)