switching templates

HOME

CPSHOP|

|

|

EMAIL MARTY
  marty.net message board
  « switching templates »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
12/14/17 at 13:24:54
Home Help Search Login Register
   marty.net message board
   About cpshop
   Customization Help
   switching templates
(Moderator: Marty)
Pages: 1 Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
   Author  Topic: switching templates  (Read 675 times)
rlgl
Green Dragon

switching templates
« on: 05/21/07 at 17:47:54 »
Reply with quote Modify message

Does anyone know if I can switch templates or template filters between sections?

Here's the issue:

I have a "Whats New" section where I want to display either designs, or products from a specific category, but then on the lower categories, like the product page, I want to use a separate template that gives a little more room to display.

Is there any way to specify a product page template in addition to a template? or is there a filter or store id setup that I can use that when you click a design it loads the resulting products into a separate template

Thanks!

-Matt
Marty
Administrator Dragon

That's me. :)

WWW E-Mail
Re: switching templates
« Reply #1 on: 05/21/07 at 19:33:44 »

Go to the filters page:

http://www.marty.net/go2/site/view/marty/117

and scroll down to the cpfilter_template portion of the page.

--
Regards,
Marty·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.-> marty@marty.net
rlgl
Green Dragon

« Reply #2 on: 05/22/07 at 04:54:27 »

Hey Marty, thanks for responding.  I think I wasn't really clear on what I meant.

I'm already using cpfilter_template to specify a template.  I've got over 30 filters now... but what I want to do is this (because if I use a default template, it overrides some of the templates I set with filters, so I want to set all my templates with filters)

Anyways, I set a template using cpfilter_template for my front page, and it frames the products in a 4 column, 3 row setup.  Once you click a design, it keeps the products in that same template, but at a 3 by 4 set up.  I know I could fix that with cpfilter_inherit, but thats not what I want, I want to use cpfilter_template again inside the first one.  So it would load my template with the designs, but once you clicked a design, there would be a new template for the products thumbnail and actual pages.  Does that make more sense, I feel like it doesnt, ha.

Can I set something like a cpfilter_productpagetemplate?  That would solve what I'm trying to do.

Thanks for the help Marty.
Marty
Administrator Dragon

That's me. :)

WWW E-Mail
« Reply #3 on: 05/22/07 at 09:31:27 »

Hmm.  I don't have that kind of filter in there right now, though I suppose I could potentially add it at some point.

For the time being, what's the difference between your various templates?  Is it something you could accomplish with hooks?

--
Regards,
Marty·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.-> marty@marty.net
rlgl
Green Dragon

« Reply #4 on: 05/22/07 at 17:00:20 »

Hey Marty, thanks for taking another look (oh, and btw, the new user and pw worked great, thanks)

The problem is that I want to make changes in the section/subsection/product hierarchy.  Hooks looked like they would work (I imagine you can throw in CSS in with them) but then at the bottom where its laid out, it says "specific section*" where the * says that the hook will also apply to the subsections and product pages

is there anyway that I can affect the links?  My main page has a smaller display area - we have tabs for different areas, like a whats new and others.  I'd like for them to be able to click there, but then it to go to a regular template... if I could mess with the links, I could hold the products in a different filter with a different cpfilter_template value.

Whatever I set using cpfilter_template sticks to everything once they start clicking.  A cpfilter_prodpage would be awesome, because then I could use that across other pages, too, to do a sort of "similar items" thing on the product pages.  If its possible and not a big deal let me know and I'll see if I can get other people on board to make it worth it.

Thanks again for all the help Marty.

-Matt
Pages: 1 Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
Jump to:

marty.net message board (http://www.marty.net/cgi/marty/board/messageboard)