Template Customization Issues

HOME

CPSHOP|

|

|

EMAIL MARTY
  marty.net message board
  « Template Customization Issues »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
12/16/17 at 09:20:24
Home Help Search Login Register
   marty.net message board
   About cpshop
   Customization Help
(Moderator: Marty)
Pages: 1 Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
   Author  Topic: Template Customization Issues  (Read 669 times)
phil1979
Green Dragon

Go Scots!

« on: 08/05/07 at 07:18:38 »
Reply with quote Modify message

Hello all, I don't think I'm cut out for this at all. Dumb as dirt would be an understatement for me, and I'm an IT tech!

Anyway, here are the issues I'm having, other than the one above.

My Homepage Greeting is appearing below the Product Thumbnail Greeting, and I need it to be above it.

Also, the Product Thumbnail Greeting is fine when appearing above the sections, but when you get to the page where the products themselves are showing, I want to have a different message there; for example, instead of saying "click on a design..." I want it to say "click on a product..."

Also, at some point I may want someone to completely redo my site to make it look really good, as I am not a web designer. I merely play one using SiteSpinner.

Thanks,

Phil
brattytees
Gold Dragon

ack!

Re: Template Customization Issues
« Reply #1 on: 08/06/07 at 07:33:29 »

It looks like, since you mention Sections, that you have a premium shop? I use Basic shops, but I'll see if I can help anyway.

Quote:
My Homepage Greeting is appearing below the Product Thumbnail Greeting, and I need it to be above it.

It seems I saw this once in one of my cpshop.cgi instances that had only one store ID (only had one design), so it was displaying both greetings since it was combining the Homepage and the Thumbnail page. I solved it by removing the Home page greeting as I recall.

Quote:
Also, the Product Thumbnail Greeting is fine when appearing above the sections, but when you get to the page where the products themselves are showing, I want to have a different message there; for example, instead of saying "click on a design..." I want it to say "click on a product..."

Since I don't have Sections per se, I'm not sure of a way around this. cpshop is using the Product Thumbnail Page for both your Sections and Product Thumbnail pages it sounds like (remember, I don't have sections so I can't see what it's doing). There's no way to alternate the description that I know of (without hacking the script). Maybe someone else with a Premium shop knows a way, but I don't see one if that's what's happening here.
phil1979
Green Dragon

Go Scots!

Re: Template Customization Issues
« Reply #2 on: 08/10/07 at 20:29:58 »

Thanks Brattytees! By the way, I've heard from Marty that the next version may possibly (no guarantees) have a way to do this for premium shops. From what I've seen, Marty is really on top of things.

Phil

Pages: 1 Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
Jump to:

marty.net message board (http://www.marty.net/cgi/marty/board/messageboard)