Seeking Advice on Premium Store Reorganization

HOME

CPSHOP|

|

|

EMAIL MARTY
  marty.net message board
  « Seeking Advice on Premium Store Reorganization »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
12/18/17 at 01:22:22
Home Help Search Login Register
   marty.net message board
   About cpshop
   Customization Help
(Moderator: Marty)
Pages: 1 Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
   Author  Topic: Seeking Advice on Premium Store Reorganization  (Read 730 times)
dem22
Gold Dragon

Go Scots!

« on: 08/21/07 at 19:29:48 »
Reply with quote Modify message

hello: this is actually about my main site at CP, but i thought i'd post here also seeking advice.

i was wondering:

if i make a second premium store is there a way to reference items in the first store without actually importing them all and making 100s of duplicate items. can i just use the table codes to reference actual items in the other premium store?

i have fairly larged sized website that wants to affiliate my products specifically but they don't want certain adult categories to show up. they want all family friendly.

i know i can import all the products (by each section) to a new premium store. (but i'd rather not burden the servers even more with 100s of duplicates)

should i try just using a hidden section that either displays only the products and sections i want. (but then the adult categories will still be on the left navigational menu)

if i make those adult categories hidden, the products should still show in the marketplace (since they are all in subsections that aren't hidden) but then i'm seriously messing with navigational options for direct visitors to the shop page.

any suggestions really appreciated as i just can't wrap my mind around what is the best solution to this problem.

i really would appreciate some ideas or advice and strategies from y'all.

big thanks, dem
Pages: 1 Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
Jump to:

marty.net message board (http://www.marty.net/cgi/marty/board/messageboard)