Newbie and Filters

HOME

CPSHOP|

|

|

EMAIL MARTY
  marty.net message board
  « Newbie and Filters »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
12/16/17 at 09:14:05
Home Help Search Login Register
   marty.net message board
   About cpshop
   Customization Help
   Newbie and Filters
(Moderator: Marty)
Pages: 1 Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
   Author  Topic: Newbie and Filters  (Read 731 times)
designboy
Silver Dragon

Boomer Sooner
  lifewithjim lifewithjim   lifewithjim

WWW E-Mail
Newbie and Filters
« on: 09/18/07 at 20:28:54 »
Reply with quote Modify message

OK, slowly I am trying to learn how everything functions before I dig in and design a site. I'm just taking small steps and trying to outline how I want everything. I just want to try to figure out how cpshop works. I really am having a hard time with all the terminology and what does what. I have my current shop coming in to a basic template from my cafepress html.

Now I', almost getting the way the store id, sections, etc. pull in to the site. I thought I had to build a left nav in html and link it to something. Anyway, I am playing with an under $30 filter for now just to see how things pull in. No products are showing.

Also when I click on something new that hasn't loaded yet with cpshop, it shows the now loading and it seems slow.

Thank You.

Jim Felder
Marty
Administrator Dragon

That's me. :)

WWW E-Mail
Re: Newbie and Filters
« Reply #1 on: 09/19/07 at 03:21:16 »

Remember that if you're using a storewide-filter with a premium shop, you have to use .all to tell cpshop you want to display products from the entire store, and not just the root section:

mystoreid.all, cpfilter_price:~30

And is every page slow the first time, or just the major areas?  If you're asking cpshop to load a lot of products from a large store, it will take some time to download the data from CafePress.

--
Regards,
Marty·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.-> marty@marty.net
designboy
Silver Dragon

Boomer Sooner

WWW E-Mail
« Reply #2 on: 09/20/07 at 09:35:03 »

I tried this. Is there something else that has to be done to my CP code besides the script line of code in the description?

The slow down is inconsistent. I can go to the home page or a section and it will say now loading. I'll let it go for a bit, then I'll stop it and refresh and then the page loads. Weird. Sometimes all of the products will load when I do a less than $30 filter and all of the products load but all prices.

I have tried a lot of different things. I HAVE added all of the filters to my config file from one of the posts in this forum. It was a downloaded file. Anyway, when I did that it worked and it filled in all of the shop ID areas in Admin. But it showed product thumbnails that were not mine. The were the blank product thumbnails from CP. So I know that works it's just when I try to get my products to pull in when I create a store id with filter, the page will load most of the time but the products don't load.
« Last Edit: 09/20/07 at 09:38:27 by designboy » Logged

Jim Felder
designboy
Silver Dragon

Boomer Sooner

WWW E-Mail
« Reply #3 on: 09/20/07 at 09:50:31 »

OK, now I get things to show but it's bringing in the Section thumbnails, when I click them to see those products with that design I get the section description but no products.

I have to keep removing the filter from admin so it isn't screwed up when people visit. So if you try to view it now it may or may not be there until I return to try again.

Jim Felder
Pages: 1 Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
Jump to:

marty.net message board (http://www.marty.net/cgi/marty/board/messageboard)