Filters - not working?

HOME

CPSHOP|

|

|

EMAIL MARTY
  marty.net message board
  « Filters - not working? »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
12/18/17 at 01:24:03
Home Help Search Login Register
   marty.net message board
   About cpshop
   Customization Help
   Filters - not working?
(Moderator: Marty)
Pages: 1 Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
   Author  Topic: Filters - not working?  (Read 745 times)
Suzzie
Silver Dragon

Boohoo!

Filters - not working?
« on: 03/25/08 at 06:43:16 »
Reply with quote Modify message

I just started using filters to get specific items - namely, greeting cards. I'm using cpfilter_type:192,cpfilter_type:78,cpfilter_type:193, and then the shop sections, just like I do with the other filters.

The problem is, even though I KNOW there are greeting cards in these other people's sections, the only cards I can get to show in that section are the ones from my own store! I know, it's really strange. The first time I managed to snag one design, but upon reload it disappeared and since then, nada, nothing, zilch, except my own cards. Is it some kind of caching issue? My greeting cards have their own separate installation of CP shop and I don't have too many cards at this point.
Suzzie
Silver Dragon

Boohoo!

Re: Filters - not working?
« Reply #1 on: 03/26/08 at 05:35:47 »

on this new installation of cpshop, it is now ONLY pulling products from my own store - how strange is that?

the other installations still look fine, but I'm not doing any changes to them that might cause that to change.
Suzzie
Silver Dragon

Boohoo!

« Reply #2 on: 03/27/08 at 07:37:47 »

and now sometimes it doesn't pull anything. i tried a fresh install but that didn't help anything. I looked through all my store IDs for this particular store and I don't see any problems... it must be something with using the product filter, because it's the first time I've used the product filter and I've had nothing but problems, and my other stores only use the literal filter and they haven't had any difficulties.
Bradley W. Schenck
Gold Dragon

Go Scots!

« Reply #3 on: 03/27/08 at 10:27:48 »

I'm not positive this is your problem - but since you're doing something slightly differently than I do, it might be worth a try.

I always list the Shop IDs first, followed by the filters.  It seems just possible that only your first Shop ID is being processed.  Like I said, worth a try.
Suzzie
Silver Dragon

Boohoo!

« Reply #4 on: 03/27/08 at 13:03:59 »

it is a good idea - but i already tried it

my shop ID is actually the third or fourth one in. I don't know if any reference to it anywhere else in the script (i didnt even set the dummy ID) so i'm at a loss to explain it.

the mystery continues...
Pages: 1 Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
Jump to:

marty.net message board (http://www.marty.net/cgi/marty/board/messageboard)