marty.net 1001 Postcards Love Love Love Meep Meep ZenZodiac DailyQuotation

YOU ARE HERE:
pull basic shops in with a section thumbnail?

HOME

CPSHOP|

|

|

EMAIL MARTY
  marty.net message board
  « pull basic shops in with a section thumbnail? »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
12/12/17 at 15:59:13
Home Help Search Login Register
   marty.net message board
   About cpshop
   Customization Help
(Moderator: Marty)
Pages: 1 Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
   Author  Topic: pull basic shops in with a section thumbnail?  (Read 499 times)
valerie2008
Silver Dragon

Go Scots!

« on: 08/10/08 at 21:20:22 »
Reply with quote Modify message

Hi all,

I have been searching the forums and couldn't find any information on this.  I am creating an affiliate shop.  I'm pulling in designs from several stores into one section.  I'm using cpfilter_literal so that I can have the main section show just design thumbnails.  There are a few basic shops that I also want to include.  Is there anyway to pull them in and have them automatically create a section with a design image thumbnail?  I think I read that cpfilter_literal doesn't work with basic shops (when I tried using it I get blank lines in my sidebar and no section).  Is there another (or any) way to create one design thumbnail sections page from various premium shop sections and basic shops?  Thanks so much in advance for your help!
Marty
Administrator Dragon

That's me. :)

WWW E-Mail
Re: pull basic shops in with a section thumbnail?
« Reply #1 on: 08/12/08 at 00:19:22 »

cpfilter_literal doesn't work with basic shops, since CafePress doesn't allow you to create a section thumbnail for a basic shop.

The only way to do something similar is to create a separate instance of cpshop, and to setup each store ID as its own entry.  Then you can create your own thumbnail to go with the basic shop ID.

--
Regards,
Marty·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.-> marty@marty.net
valerie2008
Silver Dragon

Go Scots!

« Reply #2 on: 08/12/08 at 06:54:03 »

I figured it would be something complicated like that.

You know what would be a great feature?  If once you'd created a storeid and given it an alias, and thumbnail, you could call it into other store ids by using something like cpfilter_alias and then if you were using cpfilter_literal, it would show up as a section.  

But I imagine that must be really complicated to make happen too.  Thanks for replying!
valerie2008
Silver Dragon

Go Scots!

« Reply #3 on: 08/14/08 at 17:43:50 »

Okay, I'm having really slow load times so i decided to try and set up a separate instance of cpshop.  I think I understand how to do that.  Just create another folder and put all the cpshop files in there and direct everything in that folder to the cgi there.  What I don't understand is how if I follow your advice and create a store id just for a basic shop and designate a thumbnail image for it, how can pull sections from that instance of cpshop into the other?  If I have a store id in my first instance of cpshop called Dogs and in that section I've used cpfilter_literal and pulled in sections from several store, how do I also pull in with all those sections the store id from my second cpshop, called Yorkies.  How do I designate the store id and have it appear in the same section?  I am so lost here.  Sorry!
Marty
Administrator Dragon

That's me. :)

WWW E-Mail
« Reply #4 on: 08/15/08 at 00:50:59 »

There's a lower-effort way to do multiple instances of cpshop, but whatever works for you.

And you aren't pulling data from one cpshop to another.  You're just specifying different sections/stores in different instances.

Also, in case it wasn't clear, you can have the same products appear in multiple cpshop stores, if you so choose.

--
Regards,
Marty·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.-> marty@marty.net
valerie2008
Silver Dragon

Go Scots!

« Reply #5 on: 08/15/08 at 08:20:41 »

Yes, I found the instructions last night about how to install multiple instances.  Much simpler than I thought.

But it still doesn't answer my question...  Maybe I wasn't using the correct terminology, I'm still learning it all here, lol.  What I want to know is if, like you suggested, I use a basic shop as a store id by itself and assign a thumbnail to it, is there anyway to pull it into another store id like if my I have the store id "Dogs" and it's pulling in 20 sections of dog designs, is there a way to get my basic shop store id "Yorkies" in the Dogs section as one of it's subsections so that Yorkies is mixed in with the other 20 designs?

Thank you so much for your help with this!  I'm sure it gets annoying.  I am searching for everything in the forums before I ask, I swear!
Pages: 1 Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
Jump to:

marty.net message board (http://www.marty.net/cgi/marty/board/messageboard)