Integrate external file into CPShop?

HOME

CPSHOP|

|

|

EMAIL MARTY
  marty.net message board
  « Integrate external file into CPShop? »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
12/17/17 at 11:43:29
Home Help Search Login Register
   marty.net message board
   About cpshop
   Customization Help
(Moderator: Marty)
Pages: 1 Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
   Author  Topic: Integrate external file into CPShop?  (Read 595 times)
mcarp555
White Dragon

« on: 09/08/08 at 13:35:16 »
Reply with quote Modify message

I've figured out how to set up additional pages in CPShop for things like "About Us" and a "Contact Us" page, etc.

Is it possible to integrate something like a PHP page into CPShop? I use a standard PHP link manager for a lot of my sites, but I'm not sure it's even possible to use it here. If I set it up as a content file, it doesn't process the PHP; If I set it up as an external link, I don't get any elements of CPShop to make it look like a page of the site.

The only alternative I can see is to set the links up manually, and maintain them as such. Is that what everybody else is doing, or is there a third way I'm not seeing?
« Last Edit: 09/08/08 at 13:36:05 by mcarp555 » Logged

Home Recording Studio Shirts
Marty
Administrator Dragon

That's me. :)

WWW E-Mail
Re: Integrate external file into CPShop?
« Reply #1 on: 09/08/08 at 16:44:50 »

Try creating your template in PHP, and then reference it as a URL instead of a file.

For example, instead of:

cptemplate.php

use:

http://www.mysite.com/store/cptemplate.php

--
Regards,
Marty·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.-> marty@marty.net
mcarp555
White Dragon

« Reply #2 on: 09/09/08 at 02:40:31 »

I'm not sure how that will work, since if you reference it as an external file, clicking on the link just takes you to that PHP page, without the CPShop "wrapper" around it.

If you try to enter the PHP code into the admin panel as a file, the program adds a ".content" extension (or whatever word it uses), so you end up with "cptemplate.php.content".

I'm checking out a links program that uses an html file for the main form, then passes the data onto a .cgi file for processing. My hope is that this will allow me to make the page look like the rest of the site, but all the data processing will occur elsewhere, thus it won't be affected by the wrapper around the html.

Marty
Administrator Dragon

That's me. :)

WWW E-Mail
« Reply #3 on: 09/09/08 at 03:44:09 »

I may have what you're trying to do confused.

I thought you were hoping to use a PHP page as your cpshop template.  That would allow you to use your link manager to manage the links in the template, but to also enjoy the benefits of cpshop.  To accomplish something like that, you'd enter the URL of the page in the Default HTML Template section.

If, on the other hand, you'd just trying to include the contents of a specific PHP page (like a "links page") into cpshop, then that's harder.  cpshop's not really built to incorporate output from other languages and systems outside of CafePress.  But you can look into things like iframes nd AJAX-y divs.

--
Regards,
Marty·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.-> marty@marty.net
mcarp555
White Dragon

« Reply #4 on: 09/09/08 at 08:49:07 »

Yeah, exactly. I found a .cgi link program last night, and so far have had good success integrating it into CPShop. It uses an HTML page to enter the link info, then sends the form data to the .cgi page for processing, and then sends it back to another HTML page to display the list of links.

I've got both the HTML pages plugged in and it's all working good. I've just got to finish the style formatting, and figure out a way to display the error message (if you don't fill out the form correctly).

Pages: 1 Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
Jump to:

marty.net message board (http://www.marty.net/cgi/marty/board/messageboard)