CPShop conflict with DHTML menu

HOME

CPSHOP|

|

|

EMAIL MARTY
  marty.net message board
  « CPShop conflict with DHTML menu »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
12/13/17 at 19:00:13
Home Help Search Login Register
   marty.net message board
   About cpshop
   Customization Help
(Moderator: Marty)
Pages: 1 Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
   Author  Topic: CPShop conflict with DHTML menu  (Read 490 times)
Suzzie
Silver Dragon

Boohoo!

« on: 01/01/09 at 08:45:00 »
Reply with quote Modify message

I'm in the process of a site redesign, and have included a couple new DHTML menus.

Both menus work perfectly... until I added the cpcontent tag. Then my top menu just disappeared. So there is a conflict somewhere in cpshop, and I'm just not skilled enough in scripting to find it. It's not an issue with where the script is located in the head tag or body tag, because as I said, it works perfectly on my index page. It was suggested that a var tag somewhere needs renamed, I just can't figure out which.

If there is some skilled individual that could take a look at my site, I'd sure appreciate it. I'd sing praises of your greatness.

You can see the menus work perfectly on that page... but any of the cpshop pages, there's no longer a top menu.
« Last Edit: 01/03/09 at 12:31:52 by Suzzie » Logged
brattytees
Gold Dragon

ack!

Re: CPShop conflict with DHTML menu
« Reply #1 on: 01/02/09 at 13:22:35 »

I looked at about 5 other pages and the menu was on each of them and worked fine, except the little down arrow was missing on all but the hone page.

I will say they took awhile to load and it sure looks like the menu is causing that, as all the rest of the page loaded and the menu was always the last to load. It was slow enough for me that if i was just surfing i would have hit the back button and moved on. There is a lot of code bloat going with that menu, I would at least put it an an external file if you choose to keep it. Personally I don't like these menus, but that's me and not meant to offend you.
Suzzie
Silver Dragon

Boohoo!

Re: CPShop conflict with DHTML menu
« Reply #2 on: 01/03/09 at 12:33:21 »

one of my online friends found what was wrong... an error on my end, i'm sad to say...

i have no idea how to put the top menu into its own file... i just generated the code with a program and pasted where it told me to.
Pages: 1 Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
Jump to:

marty.net message board (http://www.marty.net/cgi/marty/board/messageboard)