marty.net 1001 Postcards Love Love Love Meep Meep ZenZodiac DailyQuotation

YOU ARE HERE:
Resized Thumbnails

HOME

CPSHOP|

|

|

EMAIL MARTY
  marty.net message board
  « Resized Thumbnails »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
12/15/17 at 00:48:57
Home Help Search Login Register
   marty.net message board
   About cpshop
   Customization Help
   Resized Thumbnails
(Moderator: Marty)
Pages: 1 Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
   Author  Topic: Resized Thumbnails  (Read 559 times)
crazyraymond
Green Dragon
*

Posts: 5



Go Scots?
   

WWW E-Mail
Resized Thumbnails
« on: 07/09/09 at 08:22:36 »
Reply with quote Modify message

Hello,

Following some instructions I found here on the forum, I modified my cpshop.cgi.images to get me 200x200 thumbnails. I also modified this in cpadmin.cgi.

Now, when I go to my site, about 80% of the thumbnails look perfect, but the other 20% look like they're still being scaled up from 150x150. Any idea what I might have done wrong?

Here's my cpshop.cgi.images

*||||150x150||||200x200

and here's a direct link to one of the pages where you can see the problem http://one-word-tees.com/cpshop.cgi/18446744073634413468.onewordtees.6762893+black-on-white-t-shirts.html

If anyone has any ideas that could point me in the right direction, it would be most appreciated. Thanks!
« Last Edit: 07/09/09 at 10:22:05 by crazyraymond » Logged

http://www.one-word-tees.com
crazyraymond
Green Dragon
*

Posts: 5



Go Scots?
   

WWW E-Mail
Re: Resized Thumbnails
« Reply #1 on: 07/09/09 at 13:32:17 »
Reply with quote Modify message

hmm, all of a sudden, instead of 80% of the shirts looking right, and 20% looking stretched, all of them started looking stretched. No idea why - I didn't change anything.. I've set it back to 150x150 for the time being, but I'd really prefer to have the 200x200.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Logged

http://www.one-word-tees.com
Bradley W. Schenck
Gold Dragon
****

Posts: 242



Go Scots!
   

WWW
Re: Resized Thumbnails
« Reply #2 on: 07/09/09 at 15:24:42 »
Reply with quote Modify message

You'd need to look at the addresses of the images that weren't being replaced.  CP now uses version numbers on the thumbnails (v1 - vxxx) - the numbers may change at any time, whenever they regenerate the thumbnails for whatever reason - and my guess would be that that was the problem.
Logged
crazyraymond
Green Dragon
*

Posts: 5



Go Scots?
   

WWW E-Mail
Re: Resized Thumbnails
« Reply #3 on: 07/09/09 at 16:12:38 »
Reply with quote Modify message

Thanks for the tip, I'll check it out and hopefully get this sorted.

Thanks again!
Logged

http://www.one-word-tees.com
crazyraymond
Green Dragon
*

Posts: 5



Go Scots?
   

WWW E-Mail
Re: Resized Thumbnails
« Reply #4 on: 07/13/09 at 08:43:49 »
Reply with quote Modify message

Something odd I've found.

The link that cpshop seems to be going to for my thumbnail images looks like this

http://images5.cafepress.com/product/397138485v3_200x200_Front.jpg

If I set that 200x200 in the filename to anything 150x150 or under, the image size changes accordingly. If I change it to anything above 150x150, I still get 150px images. (edit: until 350x350, it seems - if I put in 350x350, I get 350px images) Did cafepress make 150x150 the maximum image size that they will serve? I'm still not sure I understand why 80% of them worked the other day. I've tried modifying the version section of the URL to a bunch of numbers, but haven't managed to track down my 200x200px thumbnails yet.

The search continues.
« Last Edit: 07/13/09 at 09:06:26 by crazyraymond » Logged

http://www.one-word-tees.com
Pages: 1 Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
Jump to:


marty.net message board (http://www.marty.net/cgi/marty/board/messageboard)

Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - Release (Yet Another Bulletin Board)
Copyright 2000-2001, X-Null. All Rights Reserved.