Browse Products and Text Alignment questions

HOME

CPSHOP|

|

|

EMAIL MARTY
  marty.net message board
  « Browse Products and Text Alignment questions »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
12/13/17 at 09:19:22
Home Help Search Login Register
   marty.net message board
   About cpshop
   Customization Help
(Moderator: Marty)
Pages: 1 Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
   Author  Topic: Browse Products and Text Alignment questions  (Read 1078 times)
Oldrock
White Dragon

Go Scots!

« on: 05/05/10 at 08:13:32 »
Reply with quote Modify message

I posted this under Installation Help a week ago and received no response, so I thought maybe it was in the wrong place.  Any suggestions offered would be gratefully received....

I've just set up CPstore in my Joomla-based website and I'm delighted with the result.  But there are a couple of things I'd like to improve.

1. On my native CafePress store there are four boxes in the sidebar - Browse Products, Browse Designs, Shopkeeper Bio, and Newsletter.  Only the Browse Designs list shows up on the CPstore version.  Is there any way to get the Browse Designs drop-down list to show up?

2. All the text in the product page is centered instead of left aligned.  I've set align="left" in my template but it makes no difference.  Any way to fix that?

Thanks.

Update May 4:  Apparently the code for including the Browse Products code in html is <cpstore:producttypedropdown> .  I tried inserting that in my cptemplate.html but it had no effect.  Can anyone tell me how to make it work?

Thanks.
bige2533
White Dragon

Re: Browse Products and Text Alignment questions
« Reply #1 on: 05/05/10 at 14:17:57 »

Can you provide a link to the site? It is easier to read the html from that to see exactly what is happening. If you don't want to post the link in the forum, feel free to PM it to me.

on 05/05/10 at 08:13:32, Oldrock wrote:
I posted this under Installation Help a week ago and received no response, so I thought maybe it was in the wrong place.  Any suggestions offered would be gratefully received....

I've just set up CPstore in my Joomla-based website and I'm delighted with the result.  But there are a couple of things I'd like to improve.

1. On my native CafePress store there are four boxes in the sidebar - Browse Products, Browse Designs, Shopkeeper Bio, and Newsletter.  Only the Browse Designs list shows up on the CPstore version.  Is there any way to get the Browse Designs drop-down list to show up?

2. All the text in the product page is centered instead of left aligned.  I've set align="left" in my template but it makes no difference.  Any way to fix that?

Thanks.

Update May 4:  Apparently the code for including the Browse Products code in html is <cpstore:producttypedropdown> .  I tried inserting that in my cptemplate.html but it had no effect.  Can anyone tell me how to make it work?

Thanks.
Oldrock
White Dragon

Go Scots!

Re: Browse Products and Text Alignment questions
« Reply #2 on: 05/06/10 at 06:51:35 »

Sure.  It's http://www.imachristian.com/store/cpshop.pl  

Thanks!

PS.  I found that the product page text is correctly left-aligned when viewed in Firefox or Safari browsers.  It is only centered in IE8.  However, in Firefox the left column text margins are narrowed to about 1/3 of what they are in IE7 and Safari, resulting in only one or two words per line.

« Last Edit: 05/10/10 at 07:38:25 by Oldrock » Logged
Pages: 1 Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
Jump to:

marty.net message board (http://www.marty.net/cgi/marty/board/messageboard)