How to Show T-Shirt Name in Meta Title?

HOME

CPSHOP|

|

|

EMAIL MARTY
  marty.net message board
  « How to Show T-Shirt Name in Meta Title? »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
12/11/17 at 13:14:52
Home Help Search Login Register
   marty.net message board
   About cpshop
   Customization Help
(Moderator: Marty)
Pages: 1 Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
   Author  Topic: How to Show T-Shirt Name in Meta Title?  (Read 3660 times)
glau
Gold Dragon

Go Scots!

« on: 08/11/10 at 07:59:56 »
Reply with quote Modify message

I still need to workout how to get the page title into my product page meta title. This is using php and a Wordpress page. You can see an example here which demonstrates that there is nothing about the T-Shirt name in the meta title (a big problem for SEO etc).

I see in the exampple CP Shop template that it looks like this: <title><[title]></title> so I tried putting that "<title><[title]></title>" into my page but it just came up as that <[title]> in the meta title, not showing the actual t-shirt name. I'm not sure what I would need to do here?

I notice in the cpshop.cgi file or index.cgi file in my case that it has this part:

$html =~ s/<\[title\]>/$pagetitle/g;

Maybe that is something I'm meant to use?
« Last Edit: 08/11/10 at 08:01:30 by glau » Logged

Scare friends with Shocking TShirts
Eco Tees
jrotem
Gold Dragon

Who are the Scots and where shoud they be going?

Re: How to Show T-Shirt Name in Meta Title?
« Reply #1 on: 08/13/10 at 19:15:20 »

In your template, after <title>  add <[productname]>
glau
Gold Dragon

Go Scots!

« Reply #2 on: 08/13/10 at 22:44:53 »

thanks for your reply.

The problem is I already have the meta details in my webpage so I don't actually have the title stuff in my template.

Further details are:

My CP Shop template is cptemplate.php and it looks like this in short ( I do not include the <[title]> tag or any header info as that is already in my Php pages:

<div align="center">
<table code.... etc <[content]>
</table>
</div>

I'm trying to work out how I can call up the Section or Product Title and then use that on my Php Page meta title?

See my Php page already has a Meta title and I then tried to add the code <[title]> at the end but it does not execute in Php.
« Last Edit: 08/13/10 at 22:45:32 by glau » Logged

Eco Tees
glau
Gold Dragon

Go Scots!

« Reply #3 on: 08/15/10 at 07:57:52 »

Well it looks like CPShop is dead, I emailed Marty through the link on this site and have had no response. I have noticed that most people stopped using this forum years ago. It seems a shame as I was quite excited to have completed all my work to get this far integrating Wordpress and not able to make one last final hurdle. I have no idea what to do now as this is the only thing I can find that I can use my own domain name, custom website plus with another company printing and shipping the t-shirts.

I have spent the last few days trying to find out if I can do anything with some of the other companies like Zazzle, Spreadshirt etc but most of the 3rd party scripts with them seemed to have come to the same doom as CP shop. I did actually pay for the script so I'm dispointed that support has stopped, even for one or two people who are still trying to use this thing. It's very disapointing as I have been waiting anxiously for any help.
« Last Edit: 08/15/10 at 07:59:14 by glau » Logged

Eco Tees
bige2533
White Dragon

« Reply #4 on: 08/19/10 at 22:29:29 »

You'll only be able to use the cpshop tags <[title]> on pages that are running or generated by cpshop. I'm not as familiar with the php side since I'm running my shop on a windows server but how are you running cpshop on the php pages (which setup did you use)?

Sometimes Marty is slow to respond but when he does he'll usually have the right answer. He definitely still supports the product.
« Last Edit: 08/19/10 at 22:31:23 by bige2533 » Logged
Marty
Administrator Dragon

That's me. :)

WWW E-Mail
« Reply #5 on: 08/23/10 at 21:23:12 »

Okay, I see -- so you're using the embed-cpshop-into-PHP solution.  Most people do it the other way around, preventing these sorts of issues.

I suppose you could insert a template tag into your cptemplate.php file, parse it out using Wordpress (though I'm not sure how), and then insert it into your title.  It would be cumbersome, but it would work.

A much easier way would be to allow cpshop to generate the pages, using a Wordpress page as a template.  Meaning you'd create a blank page in Wordpress, insert the template tags into that page (including the title tag), and then have cpshop use the URL of that page as a template instead of cptemplate.php.

--
Regards,
Marty..`..-> marty@marty.net
curmudgeony
Green Dragon

Go Scots!

« Reply #6 on: 08/25/10 at 19:34:09 »

on 08/23/10 at 21:23:12, Marty wrote:
A much easier way would be to allow cpshop to generate the pages, using a Wordpress page as a template.  Meaning you'd create a blank page in Wordpress, insert the template tags into that page (including the title tag), and then have cpshop use the URL of that page as a template instead of cptemplate.php.

Is there a walkthrough of the steps to do this?  I'd really love for wordpress and CPshop to go hand in hand, thus far my skill in letting them do this is lacking.
DDKnight
Green Dragon

Go Scots!

« Reply #7 on: 08/26/10 at 22:39:12 »

on 08/25/10 at 19:34:09, curmudgeony wrote:
Is there a walkthrough of the steps to do this?  I'd really love for wordpress and CPshop to go hand in hand, thus far my skill in letting them do this is lacking.

I'd also like to know, thanks!
glau
Gold Dragon

Go Scots!

« Reply #8 on: 08/28/10 at 08:25:05 »

thanks for the replies.

I remember when I first set up with wordpress a few weeks ago that I tried what Marty suggested to someone else some time ago to use a page etc. But when I tried it did not work. At the moment I'm traveling back to my country and Internet is a bit dicey but I plan to take another look and have a go at trying the suggestions very soon....

Eco Tees
jrotem
Gold Dragon

Who are the Scots and where shoud they be going?

« Reply #9 on: 08/30/10 at 07:00:51 »

I can't be sure as I don't have cpshop inside WordPress. But i do use other scripts with WordPress (non-CP related.) In those cases i had to use the exec-php WP plugin and disable the WP visual editor. Maybe see if that helps.
glau
Gold Dragon

Go Scots!

« Reply #10 on: 08/30/10 at 13:22:57 »

on 08/30/10 at 07:00:51, jrotem wrote:
I can't be sure as I don't have cpshop inside WordPress. But i do use other scripts with WordPress (non-CP related.) In those cases i had to use the exec-php WP plugin and disable the WP visual editor. Maybe see if that helps.

Yes when I tried I had Exec-Php installed and I used the source mode not visual editor. But I will try this again soon when I get settled here and have time as I want to get this finished. I will be happy to share exactly how I have got my site to use Wordpress as well. If I can get the titles to work then it's really quite fine. I hope to have time in the next week...

Eco Tees
glau
Gold Dragon

Go Scots!

« Reply #11 on: 10/23/10 at 03:03:16 »

Damn, I just worte a large post with lots of details about how I use Wordpress & CP Shop together but I pressed submit and forgot to enter the security question answer and my post that took me 10 minutes to write was lost. If anyone really wants the info still then let us know and I will try again

Eco Tees
Pages: 1 Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
Jump to:

marty.net message board (http://www.marty.net/cgi/marty/board/messageboard)