sidebar text problem not resolved

HOME

CPSHOP|

|

|

EMAIL MARTY
  marty.net message board
  « sidebar text problem not resolved »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
12/13/17 at 19:02:53
Home Help Search Login Register
   marty.net message board
   About cpshop
   Customization Help
(Moderator: Marty)
Pages: 1 Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
   Author  Topic: sidebar text problem not resolved  (Read 477 times)
Fly
Green Dragon

Go Scots!

« on: 12/04/10 at 06:54:05 »
Reply with quote Modify message

Can anyone help me figure out why my sidebar text looks different once you go to the cpshop page?
The problem is only with the text under the 'Designs' bar on the left. I've got it looking the way I want in my actual cafepress shop:
www.cafepress.com/airtankerart
and on my main website home page:
www.airtankerart.com
but from there, once you click on one of the designs names and the cpshop page opens:
http://www.airtankerart.com/shop/index.cgi/ata/airtankerart/7489058 then the text formatting disappears, as do the subsection links.
I assume there is some way I can correct the problem through my admin page settings, but I don't know how.
Any suggestions would be appreciated!
glau
Gold Dragon

Go Scots!

Re: sidebar text problem not resolved
« Reply #1 on: 12/04/10 at 07:03:47 »

The main page seems to be using your own html (style62) while the next page is using the CPSHop code . Have a look at the source code. I'm about to open a thread on the sidebar myself as I want to know how I can customize the code....

Scare friends with Shocking TShirts
Eco Tees
Fly
Green Dragon

Go Scots!

« Reply #2 on: 12/04/10 at 08:23:40 »

Yeah, I do have my own html styles on my website home page and my main cafepress shop, and I can see the difference in my cpshop page source code, but I don't know where I can actually go to change it - which must be somewhere on my admin page? I was able to override some of Cpshops' css styles by checking a box on my admin page but I still can't find where I can actually rewrite the styles or change things such as the font size, etc.
Plus the mystery of  my disappearing subsection links!
Ah... I see your new thread has appeared, hopefully we'll get some help for both issues.
glau
Gold Dragon

Go Scots!

« Reply #3 on: 12/04/10 at 10:44:17 »

You probably know that you can easily change the font size by using css, just look for the style that is used and make that style in your stylesheet and add a font size to it. For the rest of it, then you have a similar problem to me, I want to know how to access the html and use css instead of tables.
« Last Edit: 12/04/10 at 10:45:26 by glau » Logged

Scare friends with Shocking TShirts
Eco Tees
brattytees
Gold Dragon

ack!

« Reply #4 on: 12/04/10 at 15:51:36 »

Fly, you have defined in your html classes for activesmallsidebartext and smallsidebartext, but they are not defined in your stylesheet itself. This would be where you would set the font styles for those items. On your main page you have these set to class style54 which is defined in your stylesheet which is why they are not coming out the same on these different pages.
Pages: 1 Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
Jump to:

marty.net message board (http://www.marty.net/cgi/marty/board/messageboard)