index.cgi.config

HOME

CPSHOP|

|

|

EMAIL MARTY
  marty.net message board
  « index.cgi.config »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
12/13/17 at 16:59:50
Home Help Search Login Register
   marty.net message board
   About cpshop
   Customization Help
   index.cgi.config
(Moderator: Marty)
Pages: 1 Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
   Author  Topic: index.cgi.config  (Read 1363 times)
whimzicals
Green Dragon

Go Scots!

index.cgi.config
« on: 07/18/11 at 13:18:52 »
Reply with quote Modify message

Yesterday I went into my site to change the "greeting message" for my CP shop.  I was working in Dreamweaver.  I tried to change it in the folder marked STORE, then the page marked index.cgi.config .  After I uploaded the page, my site no longer shows.  I get the following message.  "You don't have any stores for cpshop to process."
My site address is: http://whimsicalteeshirts.com  

What do I need to do to correct this, and where in the file structure am I safe to work on the html?  

Thank you.... Jo
brattytees
Gold Dragon

ack!

Re: index.cgi.config
« Reply #1 on: 07/20/11 at 17:05:48 »

Hmm, not sure why your editing the .config file, you can edit all that information from your cpshop admin panel. My guess is Dreamweaver added some code that corrupted the config file in which case you would need to delete it and have cpshop rebuild it. But that's only a guess with the info I have.
whimzicals
Green Dragon

Go Scots!

« Reply #2 on: 07/20/11 at 18:23:30 »

I was editing there as I didn't know where else to edit, and I found the "description" for my shop there which was what I was trying to edit.  

How do I get cpshop to rebuild it?  

Thanks,  Jo
brattytees
Gold Dragon

ack!

« Reply #3 on: 07/21/11 at 15:47:08 »

When you log into your cpshop admin, there are different sections within admin to edit different parts of what appears on your cpshop pages, including descriptions, greetings, etc. These items are then stored in the .config file which tells cpshop how and what to display on your actual pages.

As for rebuilding the config file, I guess maybe I could have worded that better, but anyway, you would need to delete the current config file on your server, and then upload a new, clean config file, the one you downloaded from here with all the other cpshop files. Then you would "rebuild" the config file by changing the settings (description, greetings, etc.) in your cpadmin panel.

Hope that makes sense.
brattytees
Gold Dragon

ack!

« Reply #4 on: 07/21/11 at 16:29:50 »

Deleted this part of post to avoid confusion.

ETA - it could also be something as simple as you don't have any store ID entries in cpadmin. I'd check those first. Something weird may have happened when you tried to edit the config file with DW.
« Last Edit: 07/21/11 at 17:55:24 by brattytees » Logged
brattytees
Gold Dragon

ack!

« Reply #5 on: 07/21/11 at 17:50:52 »

The .config file comes with the FULL install package, but not with the update package. So yeah, you should have a copy of it, and if not you can download it again, but first, again, I'd check your cpshop admin and make sure there is a least a store ID in there.
« Last Edit: 07/21/11 at 17:54:40 by brattytees » Logged
Marty
Administrator Dragon

That's me. :)

WWW E-Mail
« Reply #6 on: 07/22/11 at 23:41:21 »

Look in your cpbackup folder for the the index.cgi.config backup with the newest date.  Try copying that one over and renaming it to index.cgi.config, and see if cpadmin looks correct (logout and log back in).

If it doesn't try again with the next newest version, and repeat until you find the one that works.

--
Regards,
Marty·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.-> marty@marty.net
Pages: 1 Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
Jump to:

marty.net message board (http://www.marty.net/cgi/marty/board/messageboard)