UnlimitedFTP?

HOME

CPSHOP|

|

|

EMAIL MARTY
  marty.net message board
  « UnlimitedFTP? »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
12/18/17 at 18:35:12
Home Help Search Login Register
   marty.net message board
   About cpshop
   Installation Help
   UnlimitedFTP?
(Moderator: Marty)
Pages: 1 Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
   Author  Topic: UnlimitedFTP?  (Read 612 times)
SillyTurtle
White Dragon

UnlimitedFTP?
« on: 05/27/08 at 09:42:21 »
Reply with quote Modify message

I tried doing searches and no results were found on this. I got Bluehost as recommended, but they have a FTP program called UnlimitedFTP. Marty suggested a different one. But what I was wondering, can I just use this one? At the top it says its a "Demo Lisence - Non commercial use only", though. Is CPshop considered commercial use?

I wasnt going to bother downloading another program if Bluehost offers one already with the hosting. But I dont want to go further if CPshop violates the demo lisence, and I HAVE to use another free third party program. So which is it?

EDIT: Just in case I got a free FTP program (Core FTP LE) but I am so freakin lost. I have been sitting here for hours trying to read instructions and trying to use this thing but I really have no clue what to do. I have Bluehost, so is there a tutorial on how and what I do to upload my files? Do I use the "FTP Accounts" area, use an existing one or create a new one or what? Im starting to get really aggravated.

*edits again* Also, do I have to wait until my domain from godaddy officially transfers over before I can do anything? It wont finish until 4 days from now, and im wondering if perhaps that is why im having so much trouble with everything.
« Last Edit: 05/27/08 at 14:24:16 by SillyTurtle » Logged
Marty
Administrator Dragon

That's me. :)

WWW E-Mail
Re: UnlimitedFTP?
« Reply #1 on: 05/27/08 at 19:54:27 »

You won't be able to get it installed until the domain points to the correct server.

--
Regards,
Marty·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.-> marty@marty.net
SillyTurtle
White Dragon

« Reply #2 on: 05/27/08 at 21:27:18 »

Everything is now officially under bluehost.

EDIT: Think im on the right track now. I suppose if anything else goes wrong ill post it here.
« Last Edit: 05/28/08 at 08:06:17 by SillyTurtle » Logged
SillyTurtle
White Dragon

« Reply #3 on: 05/31/08 at 05:16:56 »

Thats it, it just isnt working. I just dont know whats going on. I still have feelings something is wrong with my hosting. Bluehost just isnt letting me run any pages/scripts. It doesnt even recognize anything being in any of my folders. I cant even access a simple test HTML file. It just acts like they are nonexistant. Before I just got the page cant be found errors, but now after waiting the recommended 48 hours for the server to successfully transfer, it gives me a "HTTP Error 404 - File or directory not found." no matter what the address is.

The DNS servers are set to default but I feel they may be wrong and still using the ones they gave me to apply to my other hosting site before I trasferred the domain. How would I check if the right DNS nameservers are being used? Its just acting like past DNS errors I had with godaddy twice before, so thats why I feel it may be something with that.

Oh and another reason why I believe its the hosting, is my email doesnt work. I transferred the emaill address over as well, set it up in bluehost and the emails dont go through. I dont even get a "returned to sender" message, it just goes through and disappears. I have an automated message which doesnt send either which worked perfectly fine before on godaddy.

EDIT: It WAS bluehost, and they fixed it. I can finally try to install the script. yay!
« Last Edit: 06/03/08 at 08:49:12 by SillyTurtle » Logged
Pages: 1 Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
Jump to:

marty.net message board (http://www.marty.net/cgi/marty/board/messageboard)