affiliate question (again!!!)

HOME

CPSHOP|

|

|

EMAIL MARTY
  marty.net message board
  « affiliate question (again!!!) »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
12/13/17 at 17:03:58
Home Help Search Login Register
   marty.net message board
   General
   General Stuff
(Moderator: Marty)
Pages: 1 Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
   Author  Topic: affiliate question (again!!!)  (Read 946 times)
Skreid
Gold Dragon

T`is Me

WWW E-Mail
« on: 10/13/05 at 11:12:10 »
Reply with quote Modify message

OK, I'm looking for reassurance that I'm doing things right, or pointed in the right direction if not, before I go any further with this.

I have cpshop currently selling my own products only.  Now I've set everthing up with my PID etc in the config so if I want to add a section from someone else's store, lets say Tony's ASTphotos store *, do I just create a new filter using the cp storename or section ID?

if someone buys something the cookie will be set correctly because I have it entered in to my config yeah?

Does this create a problem (possible fraud) if the customer buys a mixture of my products and some affiliate products?

unless you haven't guessed I don't know much about affiliate stuff

Cheers

Stuart.

* tony I'm not adding your stuff (yet) just using you as an example

--
Skreid Studios

The St.Andrews Store
Tony
Gold Dragon

Hello?  Where am I?

Re: affiliate question (again!!!)
« Reply #1 on: 10/13/05 at 12:35:24 »

You can use cpshop to mix your products and someone else's*, but I would put some kind of disclaimer saying that you are also an affiliate and not all products shown were created by you.  That's just an opinion, you can always ask CP what they think, but people are doing this right now, mixing that is.

You can even mix their stuff with yours in your current filters, if you want to put affiliate stuff in it's own section instead, then go ahead.    It's really up to you.  I was going to make a store that has a mix as well and just sort by theme.  That's what the affiliate program is about, driving traffic to stores and getting sales that that person would not have gotten without you.  You just can't alter their images and stuff per the CP agreement.  

* if you want to sell my stuff and make us both money, go ahead

----------------
http://www.astphotos.com
Skreid
Gold Dragon

T`is Me

WWW E-Mail
« Reply #2 on: 10/13/05 at 12:51:38 »

Cheers Tony, thats what I thought, I knew you'd give me a quick reply .

I've been messing about a bit tonight with this, and I know that in CPshop its easy to add a section linking to someone store or section, but it is possible to add the products from a marketplace site such as shop/geeks or shop/politics, just putting that in the config returns no products as its a different format that normal stores. Or even from a marketplace search results page. That would be cool.

I know the products would probably change regularly, but that wouldn't be a big issue as it would make your site look like its changing regularly.

May have a few minus points but over all I think it'd be good.

Cheers

Stuart

--
Skreid Studios

The St.Andrews Store
Tony
Gold Dragon

Hello?  Where am I?

« Reply #3 on: 10/13/05 at 13:08:14 »

I don't think you can do that for the marketplace, but if you do themes/sections, you should add a link directly to the CP marketplace with your PID in it, something like:

Not finding what you want here?  Check out the millions of other dog related art in the marketplace!

and just link to the dog search.  Or if you knew how to do it, setup a search form and have that go to the marketplace with whatever they put in

----------------
http://www.astphotos.com
Skreid
Gold Dragon

T`is Me

WWW E-Mail
« Reply #4 on: 10/13/05 at 16:14:23 »

I know what you're saying and I am doing the regular linking thing.

I have an idea for a new site though and  unless I could pull the products from the shop/whatever pages of the market place or a marketplace results page it wouldn't work too well.

Well thats not true, it would work well it would just take a lot of maintenance to keep it up to date ..

Cheers

Stu

--
Skreid Studios

The St.Andrews Store
Pages: 1 Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
Jump to:

marty.net message board (http://www.marty.net/cgi/marty/board/messageboard)