Working with Filters

HOME

CPSHOP|

|

|

EMAIL MARTY
  marty.net message board
  « Working with Filters »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
12/12/17 at 17:54:59
Home Help Search Login Register
   marty.net message board
   General
   General Stuff
   Working with Filters
(Moderator: Marty)
Pages: 1 Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
   Author  Topic: Working with Filters  (Read 970 times)
designboy
Silver Dragon

Boomer Sooner
  lifewithjim lifewithjim   lifewithjim

WWW E-Mail
Working with Filters
« on: 09/22/07 at 14:43:20 »
Reply with quote Modify message

Wow, this is driving me mad!!
I have almost got this down. Then I tried adding one for newest items or under $15. Suddenly none of the other filters showed products anymore. Some part of this cpshop is not consistent or something. Very frustrating. I copied and pasted the filter from a tutorial, it was for newest items. No products showed. I also have one for mugs. No mugs pulling in. I have checked and double checked for errors. I copied and pasted all of these filters and that one doesn't want to work.

I'm very tempted to just burn the $20 spent and just stick with a cafe press premium shop. I don't have the time nor the patience for such crap! This thing was so promoted as being so easy to use and install. It has not been easy at all.

Jim Felder
Marty
Administrator Dragon

That's me. :)

WWW E-Mail
Re: Working with Filters
« Reply #1 on: 09/22/07 at 18:05:35 »

Jim, can you email me the URL for your shop, and your cpadmin password, and I'll take a look at it?

--
Regards,
Marty·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.-> marty@marty.net
brattytees
Gold Dragon

ack!

« Reply #2 on: 09/23/07 at 06:36:21 »

Quote:
...Then I tried adding one for newest items or under $15. Suddenly none of the other filters showed products anymore. Some part of this cpshop is not consistent or something. Very frustrating. I copied and pasted the filter from a tutorial, it was for newest items. No products showed. I also have one for mugs. No mugs pulling in. I have checked and double checked for errors. I copied and pasted all of these filters and that one doesn't want to work.

If you post the string with the filters that isn't working I'm sure someone here could see what's not right and get you going again.

Quote:
...This thing was so promoted as being so easy to use and install. It has not been easy at all.

Easy to one isn't always easy for another. It depends on the individual. However, like many things, to set it up basically it's pretty easy, the more features and customizations you try to add the more complex/difficult it becomes. Unfortunately, sometimes it does take patience...or asking questions here. There's no need to burn your $20, give it a chance. Just have patience...
« Last Edit: 09/23/07 at 06:37:26 by brattytees » Logged
dem22
Gold Dragon

Go Scots!

« Reply #3 on: 02/13/08 at 15:40:27 »

in my experience, cpshop works better than advertised, plus the forum is a great resource.

i am not a programmer, but it is easy: many of the most common problems are caused by people not carefully following every step in the install directions. then checking for errors step by step.

try starting over.

but a premium shop is really the way to go if you are serious about making a supplemental income. it's much easier to manage as well.

Pages: 1 Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
Jump to:

marty.net message board (http://www.marty.net/cgi/marty/board/messageboard)