Questions before I buy cpshop.

HOME

CPSHOP|

|

|

EMAIL MARTY
  marty.net message board
  « Questions before I buy cpshop. »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
12/14/17 at 10:03:31
Home Help Search Login Register
   marty.net message board
   General
   General Stuff
(Moderator: Marty)
Pages: 1 Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
   Author  Topic: Questions before I buy cpshop.  (Read 674 times)
techatfirstsite
White Dragon

WWW E-Mail
« on: 07/30/08 at 05:28:07 »
Reply with quote Modify message

I'm definately buying, but I want to make sure I have everything set in place before I do.

I used a CP template to build my store. Yet, I'm having problems with dropdown box alignment in my shop.
http://forums.cafepress.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/793104/m/410107152

Conal suggested that converting to or rebuilding the site via css would eliminate the tables and their limitations on resizing,  which would therefore, eliminate the protruding boxes (now fixed for my site, but the problem still exists for some visiters on different browsers (click hi5 link in my post from above link).

I have very little computer language knowledge or experience, so my questions may seem obvious (and might not even make sense!), but here goes. Would having my shop run through cpshops in the perl language take away the tables issue? Or should I convert the site to css first, and then install 'cpshop'?

Anyways, that's just the first question!

Donna
« Last Edit: 07/30/08 at 05:35:57 by techatfirstsite » Logged

www.techatfirstsite.com/cp
sai
White Dragon

Go Scots!

Re: Questions before I buy cpshop.
« Reply #1 on: 08/11/08 at 12:40:19 »

Hi,

The cpshop script uses tables for its content but thats just for the content area. cpshop actually uses whatever template you define and that template can be designed with anything (tables, css etc.). I would personally reccomend CSS over tables, mainly due to the added flexibility amongst other things.

So you might aswell get your website template set up and then slot cpshop into the content area. Which is done simply by adding the <[content]> tag then cpshop does the rest.

I can't see an issue with your dropdown in Firefox or IE6, so I'm guessing you fixed it since this post (oops just noticed the date)!
« Last Edit: 08/11/08 at 12:42:14 by sai » Logged
techatfirstsite
White Dragon

WWW E-Mail
Re: Questions before I buy cpshop.
« Reply #2 on: 08/11/08 at 19:32:04 »

First, I'd like to thank you, sai, for your response. Second, here's the image

of the searcher  who came onto my site. The link is from Mexico, and I think the issue, in this case, has as much, if not more to do with language conversion as it does browser conversion. This track I found at Stat Counter after I 'fixed' the tables. I decided I couldn't worry about language conversion! lol!

Okay, I do want to make customization easier for myself after cpshop is integrated. So, converting the entire site to css is my best option? Can you tell me how to go about that? Can I just "view source" on my home page, insert it into Dreamweaver, then somehow convert it to css? Would it be that simple? Somehow, I doubt it! LOL!

Also, I have found some customizable flash templates for objects such as menu bars, animated image galleries, and even whole site templates. Ultimately, I'd like to be able to insert some of those apps into my site. Would this be possible with the site after it's conversion with cpshop?

Like I said, I've got lots of questions! LOL! The best thing here is, I'm going to pay Marty in install cpshop for me. I just want to make sure I can understand how to continue to customize my site/shop in the future.

Donna
« Last Edit: 08/11/08 at 19:54:10 by techatfirstsite » Logged

www.techatfirstsite.com/cp
Pages: 1 Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
Jump to:

marty.net message board (http://www.marty.net/cgi/marty/board/messageboard)