CP marketplace pricing changes - i'm ANGRY

HOME

CPSHOP|

|

|

EMAIL MARTY
  marty.net message board
  « CP marketplace pricing changes - i'm ANGRY »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
12/13/17 at 19:00:43
Home Help Search Login Register
   marty.net message board
   General
   General Stuff
(Moderator: Marty)
Pages: 1 Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
   Author  Topic: CP marketplace pricing changes - i'm ANGRY  (Read 934 times)
dem22
Gold Dragon

Go Scots!

« on: 04/22/09 at 17:57:12 »
Reply with quote Modify message

Marty: what's happening, why are they doing this, this is a terrible idea and really makes the SKers work seem so trivial, and not nearly as profitable; this is shooting the SKers who helped make the company profitable; it's an entire company philosophy change as well IMO because it's making everyone's work identical in a manner of speaking.

i sell a ton of magnets with a 2.50 markup now i'm supposed to be happy about .49! i am furious and sad and angry and totally floored about this.
BrightEyesAlive
Green Dragon

Go Scots!

Re: CP marketplace pricing changes - i'm ANGRY
« Reply #1 on: 04/22/09 at 20:59:58 »

I was shocked to see this today too. And immediately changed my shops so they won't be listed in the market place. No way is CP going to give me 10 cents on the dollar for my artwork. I might as well just go on iStockphoto and let the whole world rip me off there.

My plan at this point is just to market my shop from my external site (which doesn't even exist yet!). Wasn't in any hurry to do that until today.

At least with not being listed in the marketplace, I can still keep my markup, and frankly, I don't really need CP for marketing to my niche.

Still it was a big shock.
Marty
Administrator Dragon

That's me. :)

WWW E-Mail
Re: CP marketplace pricing changes - i'm ANGRY
« Reply #2 on: 04/22/09 at 21:27:19 »

I'll answer what I can, though I really don't want my personal board to become another venting place.

The number one reason why this stuff happened is clearly financial.  I can't go into the numbers, since CP is a private company, but I can tell you that no one at CP is going to get a raise due to this change.

The seemingly fluffy phrase they've been using to describe the motivation behind it -- "for the health of the company" -- is fair.  Vague, but fair.  It's not to line company coffers, or to buy everyone a new Mercedes, or to give everyone bonuses.  It's to keep the company healthy, and give it the opportunity to grow.

The other parts of the story -- changes to the marketplace, et al. -- are all related, but they just shaped the change.

Anyway, I just can't give a lot more detail on a public forum -- especially when it's my own personal board, and this is in danger of becoming an "official statement" of some kind.

Anyway, I'm going to lock this thread.  It's not that I don't think people should be free to talk about this stuff, but this is my personal board, and I'd really rather keep it focused on cpshop.

--
Regards,
Marty·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.-> marty@marty.net
Pages: 1 Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
Jump to:

marty.net message board (http://www.marty.net/cgi/marty/board/messageboard)